Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Cheerful Giver - Dina


Hey Stampers,

High Hopes new stamp releases are here! Have you seen them?  The "Spring is in the Air" releases are now available in the High Hopes Store

This is one of my favorite little images because my son was my inspiration for this little guy.

I used Kraft paper as the base for my 5x7 card.
I used "Orian and Whisky" T507 from the High Hopes New Release "Spring is in the Air".
I painted him with watercolors and fussy cut him out. I then affixed him to Embossed Daisy's white card stock and  backlit him with a very light spritz of Tattered Angels Daffodil Glimmer Mist to make the image pop. Unfortunately, it doesn't really show in the photo, but I really like the shimmer it gave to the image.
I used patterened papers from DCWV. The adorable orange floral pattern is from the Pocket full of Posies stack and the subtle aqua pattern is from Nana's Nursery Baby Boy.
I placed a white doily under the image and added a  3 banners, one of each patterned paper and a white,  that I punched with American Crafts Knock Outs Banner Punch. 
I also cut the aqua paper with EK Success Scroll & Hearts Border Punch and placed it below the image with a piece of iridescent cord.
I printed the verse in Aqua and affixed it to a piece of the orange floral patterned paper and dotted it with two Apricot YNS Gumdrops. 
I finished the card with a shear aqua ribbon and a couple of aqua and white paper flowers that I dotted with Mint Green YNS Gumdrops from One Crazy Stamper
And there you have it...My little "Cheerful Giver"
Happy Stamping!

No comments: