Friday, April 17, 2015

Classy Clydesdale - Jane

Hello High Hopes Fans

Did you see the new challenge?
The April Challenge can be found here.
It runs through 7pm EST Thursday, April 30th.

Jane 


 
For today's card, I am delighted to show off a new release stamp called Classy Clydesdale (T506).  I was inspired by a fellow Design Team member - Donna R.!!! I was uncertain on what colours to use to colour the horse, but after seeing a picture of Donna and her horse, I was away to the races!!! This was a very fun card to colour and assemble. I decided to take a few pictures, just to show the card from different angles and when the bi-fold part of the card is opened.  
 
The image was coloured with Tombow Markers and water. I created a bi-fold card at first, then cut part of both flaps off to create a couple of gates.  I chose a couple of different designer papers, both having a barn board look to them.  A brown ink pad was used on the edges to give the barn boards more of a distressed or weathered look (on the light brown barn board paper).  In order to close the card (gates on the card), I punched a piece of black cardstock using a window punch from SU (and cut it down a bit too).  Two small screw brads on each end of the handle, and a piece of Velcro (Tombow-Fastener Tabs) was also used to close the gates of the card.  For an added touch, I punched 3 small horseshoes from a really old punch I had in my stash.  A little Wink of Stella-glitter brown sparkle was then added on those horseshoes.  I also used black - Flower Soft on the horse's tail, top of his head and main, so he feels quite soft! Some Frosted Lace Stickles was put on around the neck of the horse...you can never have too much glitter!!!! lol!
 
Supplies used

Ink - Coloured with Tombow Markers and water - 990, 977, 947, N55, N75, N35, N15, 761, 133.
Black Embossing Powder,  Versamark Ink Pad, Water brush, Brown Ink Pad for Sponging Edges of Designer Paper.
 
Paper - Black & Brown Cardstock, Fancy Pants - Etcetera 6x6 Paper Pad, My Mind's Eye - On the Bright Side 6x6 Paper Pad.
 
Misc - Screw Brads, Spellbinders-Classic Retangles Large Dies, White Uniball Gel Pen, Frosted Lace Stickles, Flower Soft - Black, EK Success - Horseshoe Punch, Zig-Wink of Stella Brush-Glitter Brown, SU Window Punch, Tombow-Hoop & Loop Tab(Fastener Tabs), Glue dots, Foam Tape.
 
 ********

If you are in need of a High Hopes stamp, check out these stores:

Lacey Stephens - Stamp and Create based out of the US
One Crazy Stamper based out of Canada

2 comments:

Donna Rudy said...

Love this Jane! and inspired by my horse?! Awesome :)

Beth Norman said...

How clever. I love your card!