Thursday, April 30, 2015

Heaven is a Little Closer

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to share this fun little project with you before the new releases come out tomorrow.
I primed two small mini canvases size 2.5×2.5 with white gesso and spot painted and gently blended them with aqua acrylic paint and let it dry.
Meanwhile, I stamped and painted the High Hopes design, “Fox on the Beach”, from the “Spring is in the Air Collection”. I love this little fox! It’s just a happy, feel good image, with so many possibilities and endless color choices.
I didn’t have a stamp for this wonderful “Heaven” sentiment, so I printed it out with a coordinating color, and fussy cut it. 

Once my canvases were dry, I added some netting, that I collected over the years. I then placed the sentiment on one canvas, and the fox on the other, and started playing around with the embellishments.
Being a self professed beach girl, of course I had sea shells of all sizes, shapes and colors in my stash which worked out perfectly for this project.
I connected the two canvases with a piece of natural straw raffia, and looped it on the top canvas to use as a way to hang the piece.
I incorporated a couple of paper roses in my piece as well for the final touch. Topped if off with a straw bow dotted with a White YNS Gumdrop and …there you have it!
If you don’t have these types of embellishments, no worries, they are available in craft & hobby stores as well.
Happy Stamping and don't forget the big day tomorrow when the new releases come out "Fairies & Adventurers" come out!!





No comments: