Tuesday, April 7, 2015

What if... Dina

Hey Stampers!

These little joyful hedgehogs inspired the sentiment I used on this mixed media canvas.
I first primed a 6x6 gallery wrapped canvas using Heavy White Gesso. Next I added texture to my canvas using texture paint and a heart stencil. I layed in some color using pink white and yellow orange acrylic paint.
For my stamp image, I used one of the new releases for High Hopes Rubber Stamps called "Dancing Hedgehogs" I painted this image with watercolors, highlighted these little joyful hedgehogs with a fine brush and Snow White acrylic paint and fussy cut them out.
I found a little wooden laser cut scroll at my local craft store which I first primed lightly with White Heavy Gesso. Once it was dry, I added a wash of the pink and yellow orange colors from my canvas to make it blend in.
I then used and old script background stamp from Hero Arts and stamped the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distressed Ink.
I affixed a paper border using my ek success hearts and scrolls border punch and lightly distressed it with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distressed Ink.
I printed and cut out the sentiment, distressed the edges with  Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distressed Ink, and affixed it to my canvas.
Once all the major elements of my canvas were in place, I began to doodle. I used a prismacolor marker for the scrolls and line a few of the textured hearts. I also used paint to add dots and circles randomly throughout the canvas. To add a little extra texture, and because I love them, I also added Strawberry Gumdrops and a few  White Sugar Gumdrops.
To finish my piece off, I sealed the canvas, added a few paper flowers, lace, and a cluster of happily coordinating fibers that I dug out of my stash.
I love when a plan comes together! Or, in this case, an unplanned happy accident!
And there is my mixed media canvas for my little "Dancing Hedgehogs"
For more inspiration, please visit my blog Art Design & Pure Joy
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!!
Be sure to play along with us for  the April Challenge: Anything Goes!  
There's a FREE DIGITAL stamp if you don't have any High Hopes Stamps yet!
              


1 comment:

Beth Norman said...

Oh my heavens and stars this totally rocks my world. What an awesome project.