Thursday, June 25, 2015

Gabriel Loves Baseball

 Happy Thursday High Hopes Fans. Pssst - it's one day closer to Fri-YAY!!!! Hang in there friends!

My post today features Gabriel Loves Baseball (S524) and a sentiment from Sentiment Set #3.  (U506)

I only played a little bit of baseball growing up, my game was soccer. When I think baseball, I immediately think baseball diamond so I set out to find an easel card that had a diamond base instead of a square/rectangle. 

I searched the web over and didn't find anything so I set about figuring it out. Had some trial and error but that's the fun part. 


                                                       Donna





I coloured Gabriel with Spectrum Noir markers and sponged some ink around him for the sky. I added the sentiment, some tan card stock (to look like sand) and finished it off with some baseball buttons (with the button hole cut off) and some stars.  I also added some ribbon that I painted with silver metallic paint to make it look like the chain link fence that is behind home plate. I added a hand made pennant which I remember always being "the thing to get" after attending a baseball game. 

Spectrum Noir Marker List
Bat: TN3 TN5 TN7
Skin: FS2 FS3 TN2 1G1
Hair: CT1 CT2 GB11
Uniform and Helmet: DR2 DR1 DR7
Kleats: True Black 
Uniform and Shoes: 1G1 1G2 Blender 


Thanks for stopping by!

We have a new challenge for June - Anything High Hopes Goes
Come play along - we look forward to seeing your creations! 



If you are in need of a High Hopes stamp, check out our Diva stores:
Lacey Stephens - Stamp and Create based out of the US
One Crazy Stamper based out of Canada

1 comment:

Cheri Burry said...

Super cute! And how smart are you to create this diamond easel card! Amazing!!