Friday, September 11, 2015

Freezin' Season

Hey High Hopes Friends!

It's been awhile since I posted a card, but the new Joys of the Seasons release is so much fun!! 

I'm sharing my "Freezin' Season" card today:




I also used several mediums to color this image:
  • Watercolors (my go to staple)
  • Spectrum Noir Markers CG2 (Mittens Skirt & Holly) & DR3 (Pink Shadows)
  • Copic Markers RV02 (Jacket, Ribbon & Bow), BG000 & RV000 (used to stipple the background)

The background papers are from my BunchaScraps Digital Collection that I am working on for my winter release coming soon. Their names are Pink Frost Harlequin, Blue Frost Polka Dots, Pink Frost Polka Dots, Ice Green Linen and Ice Blue Snowflake.
I distressed the papers, using  Tim Holtz Paper Distesser, to give a snowy feel to them.

I love this little gadget! It doesn’t cost very much at all, and it gives great results.
I used the High Hopes Stamps sentiment, “Freezin Season”, from the same “Joys of the Seasons” release and stamped it with Color Box Pink The color matched my image so well, and I just happened to have that color on hand…love it when a plan comes together!

For the finishing touches,I punched some snowflakes out of white cardstock and topped them off with pink Stickles  Glam Pink glitter glue, attached a vibrant pink ribbon (also a great color match that I just happen to have in my stash!) and added a piece of white fun fibers…just for fun :)
And finally…I used White Sugar YNS Gumdrops because I didn’t have any gumdrops that matched my pinks in my image, but…. no worries…. I colored them with my Spectrum Noir PP5 Marker and it worked out just fine! But, if you don’t have either of those or just don’t want to color your own gumdrops,  One Crazy Stamper carries  the YNS Gumdrops – Mermaid Fun. The pink gumdrop in that set is what I was actually going for…. I will have to get me some!
Hope you enjoyed a little “Freezin’ Season” with me!
Head on over to the  High Hopes Stamps Blog and join the September Challenge to win FREE stamps. And while your there, check out the AWESOME Blog Hop featuring the new releases from "Joys of the Seasons" You will definitely be inspired!

Take time to do something you love every day!
Dina






No comments: