Thursday, September 3, 2015

Witchy Ride With A Twist

                               Happy Thursday High Hopes Fans! 

I hope you have had a chance to participate in the new release  blog hop - it started on Sept 1 and goes through until Sept. 5. So many awesome cards and inspiration brought to you by the High Hopes and OCS design teams.  Don't forget to leave a comment by Sept. 5th for your chance to win! You can find the hop here.

Today I am happy to introduce you to Witchy Ride (found here) from the new Joys of the Season release, and an older stamp named Bat (found here)

How cute is this witch !?!? 

I made a standard easel card with a twist. The twist is an LED tea light behind the moon to light it up. I saw a tutorial (here scroll down) awhile ago and when I saw this stamp I knew it was the perfect stamp to try this idea with. 

                                           Donna




Without the Light










I started by making my easel card and cutting out the moon with a circle die. I pounced the moon with a little bit of yellow ink to add a bit of colour to it. I coloured my stamps with alcohol markers (list below) and fussy cut them. After picking a font for my sentiment I printed it and mounted it on cardstock. The broom and bats were added and the card is finished off with orange and black gumdrops.
                  

                                           Spectrum Noir Markers              
                                       Pumpkin and Hat: OR1 OR2 OR3
    Bird: BT1 BT3 BT4
         Face/Hands: FS2 FS3 TN2 1G1
                     room: TN1 TN2 TN3 TN6 TN7
                 Hair/Broom Handle: TN7 TN8 EB8 
          Leaves: CG1 DG2 DG4
     Cape/Socks: LV1 LV2 LV3
  Spider: BG3 BG5
       Bat: BG5 BG7 BG10
    Mouth/Cheeks: FS8
     Bats: BG3 BG5 BG10
     Buckle: Silver Gel Pen
                         
 Thanks for stopping by! 

Our September Challenge is Christmas/Halloween/Fall. Come and play along - we can't wait to see your creations! 





If you are in need of a High Hopes stamp, check out our Diva stores:
                           One Crazy Stamper based out of Canada

1 comment:

Crazystamper said...

The detail in this card is awesome Donna, I love it!