Friday, April 15, 2016

Owls In My Garden

Helloooo & Happy Friday Everyone!

Today I'm sharing my "Owls in My Garden" little shadowbox project with you.


High Hopes Stamps recently released these new, little, pudgy Owl images for their Spring 2016 release and I just couldn't wait to work with them.

"Owls in My Garden" seemed like the perfect setting for these little cuties.

I think if I had owls in my garden, I would want it to look just like this. With it's pink sky, whimsical white billowy clouds, rolling purple blossom hills, white fences, little, happy, pudgy Owls, and Dogwoods, lots of pink and white Dogwoods!

I have to admit, this project took me a little longer to work on than usual because of all it's components, but I enjoyed every moment of it. 
After all, it's the journey that should bring us great joy, right?

So here's how I created "Owls in My Garden".


I started off by cutting out the little Owls using the coordinating High Hopes Stamps SVG cutting files for Happy Owl, Blinky Owl, & the Blossom Tree Branch.

And since I had my die cutting machine all warmed up, I went ahead and cut out all the parts & pieces for my shadow box, which I altered slightly to fit in my little Owls. The shadowbox actually turns out to be approximately 6" x 5" when finished.


I then stamped my Owl & Blossom Branch images with the help of my new fabulous Misti Stamping Tool that I got from One Crazy Stamper. I just love this tool and the ease it brings when trying to be very precise in stamping.


Another noticeable "happy accident" for this stamping project is that the Blossom Tree Branch works easily from right or left! Perfect! So I stamped a couple more to use in a few different places.

I colored my images using Copics & Spectrum Noir Markers and added a few of my favorite Prima Flowers, little gems, ribbon, and even a speckle of Pink Stickles for the finishing touches.

So here's the supplies I used if you want to make your own little garden shadowbox:

Copic Marckers: R20, RV02, E13, E15, E18 Spectrum Noir: OR1, TN2
White Cardstock & Kraft Paper
Embellishments: Prima Flowers, Gems, Ribbon

That's it!
Be sure to check out all the new images for the High Hopes new Spring 2016 Collection


Have a fabulous weekend & Happy Stamping!



7 comments:

Donna Rudy said...

Dina this is stunning!!!! LOVE everything about it!!!

Mary Nelson said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing!

Sue said...

I agree with Donna and Mary, Dina. This is stunning, beautiful and gorgeous. Love everything about it.

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Wow this is gorgeous love everything about this shadow box. The owls are adorable

Renae said...

I love this card! The images are great and so is the layout!

Dora said...

Awesome card with these lovely owls.

McStamper said...

What a beautiful card. I love all the different elements you used.