It's Tutorial Tuesday Time!!
This week the wonderful Alex. has a tutorial on Masking!
Alex. always has very creative cards filled with a mix of different images masked so nicely.
1. Grab your supplies:
2. Get an idea of how you want your layout by placing the stamps where you would like them to be on your finished project:
3. Stamp the first image onto your project -
this image will be in the front of your finished layout.
Stamp the same image onto scrap paper - this will be used as your "mask" for that image:
4. Cut out your mask:
5. Add REMOVABLE tape to the back of the mask.
You will repeat this with each of the stamps you use:
6. Place the mask over the stamped image then stamp your next image.
You may need to use a positioning tool to get the correct position:
7. Keep the masks into the place if you are adding many different layers:
Tip for using the positioning tool:
Align the clear sheet that comes with the positioning tool into the corner of the tool.
Align the corner of the stamp block to the corner of the positioning tool
and stamp the image onto the clear sheet....
Position the stamped image in the desired location on the project
then place the tool along the corner of the clear sheet.
Remove the clear sheet without moving the positioning tool.
Align the stamp block in the corner of the positioning tool, then stamp onto your project...
8. Here are even more layers with all of the masks:
9. Add a sentiment if you wish:
9. Remove all of the masks to reveal the final image:
11. Finish your card:
We hope you enjoyed our tutorial this week!!
Don't forget about our current challenge here.