Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tutorial - Zig Zag/Center Step Card by Kristine

Welcome back High Hopes Fans!!
It is Tutorial Tuesday Time again!

If you are looking for our current challenge, click here.

This week the fabulous Kristine is showing us how to create a Zig Zag Card or Center Step Card...
After I made this card for the last stamp release I had several people ask me for directions so today I have a tutorial to help show you how to make a Zig Zag card .

SUPPLIES:

An 11”x 5 ½” piece of cardstock

Patterned paper for decorating card

Stamps

Ink

Markers or other coloring implement

Ruler or Scor Pal

Cut your card base to 11” x 5 ½” and then score on the horizontal lines and cut on the two vertical lines. I actually lightly draw the lines in pencil before scoring and cutting to help me keep on track!

(You should be able to click on the image for a larger view)

You might want to try this on a piece of scrap paper first to be sure you understand it. I messed up two perfectly good pieces of cardstock the first time I tried this card. After scoring and cutting you should be able to fold your card base to look like this!

Cover the front of the card however you wish with patterned paper.

I created grass with my Fiscars punch.

You could cut grass by hand or do something different with your card.

Here it is with the grass adhered to the card front.

Stamp and color you images on white scraps.

I used Andy with Kite and Sitting Patch Puppy here.

Cut out the images and adhere to your card.

I decided that this card was a little empty so I stamped and colored two more images, Summer Sunshine and Thinking Posie Button Signage.

Then I cut these images out and added them to the card.

Here’s another view of the finished card.

I would love to see what you come up with.

If you make a High Hopes Zig Zag card be sure and link it up here so I can check it out! If you have any questions leave a comment and I’ll get back to you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gotta make me one of these!! It's so fresh and charming. Thank you for the brilliant tutorial. xxx

Unknown said...

I love it, I was gonna figure it out myself but now just got to sit down to make one, thank you Kristine for the tut
hugs
Ildiko

Andrea Murdock said...

wow!!! I now think I may be able to do this! Amazing tutorial!

Kathy D. said...

Thanks for the inspiration and great tutorial.
http://dunnitagaindesigns.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/wedding-cards/