Thursday, May 25, 2017

Best Dirt

For this week's post, I gave myself a challenge. The challenge was to pick a sentiment and find a way to use it in a way that wasn't "normal". 

It is gardening season so I picked a gardening themed sentiment and went through my stash to see what stamp I had to match the theme. I had quite a few gardening type stamps but I didn't want a "typical" stamp......and then I came across "Gordon Groundhog".......

Now, growing up we often had groundhogs dig holes in our yard and every year my Dad waged war on them......I don't remember him ever winning the battle but I do wonder if one of them was as cute as Gordon if he may have backed off a bit? 
Gordon just makes me chuckle and he brings out a bit of the dry, cheeky sense of humour I've been known to have <wink> 




Gordon is coloured with alcohol markers and cut out using a stitched rectangle die. The image didn't quite come to the edges of my die so I coloured some more dirt and used my Tuxedo Black Memento marker to draw the dirt line to the ends. I decided on a fairly simple layout for this card - I wanted Gordon to be the star of the show! Some patterned paper run through a polka dot embossing folder added the perfect texture. A Spade embellishment with a bit of twine and gumdrops finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamps: Gordon Groundhog  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: The Best Dirt - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper:  I Love Family - Echo Park
 Tuxedo Black ink - MementoMistiBest Glue Ever - ScraPerfect, Sterling Silver Spectrum Sparkle pen, Polka Dot embossing folder - Cuttlebug, Fishtail banner die - YNS, Twine - American Crafts, garden spade - stash, Love Me Some Latte and Candy Corn gumdrops - YNS

Spectrum Markers: BG5 BG7 BG10 1G1 TN5 TN6 TN7 TB8 BT9 TB9 OR1 OR2 CR8 CT4 GB5 CG1 DG2 DG4 BT6
Copics: E31 E34 E37 B00


 Join us for our Anything Goes challenge. There are three chances to win click here for the details: May Challenge

If you like to play along using a sketch, this month's sketch is below.



Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a fantastic day!

No comments: