Thursday, March 18, 2021

Birthday Fishes

  I have a lot of men and young men in my life who love fishing. I did some as a kid but it wasn't anything that really stuck with me, although I did love being outside by water. I find it really interesting that a day of fishing always seems to include a story about the big one that got away and it always makes me chuckle. 

"Dad's Catch and Cattails" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps are perfect for a birthday card for one of the fishermen in my life. It gave me a chance to not only practice my masculine cards but is also fun for a little bit of tongue in cheek humor. I combined two sentiments (links below) to create this one which I think is perfect for this birthday card.



I stamped and coloured the stamps with Copic markers and hand fussy cut "Dad's Catch" leaving a think white edge. I set him aside and coloured the cattails and added a sunburst background using a stencil and ink. I added a light blue ink to the bottom edge for a water line. Patterned paper from the Gone Camping collection from Carta Bella had the perfect fishing themed paper for this card. I cut it to fit my 5"x 5" base and layered it with card stock. 

Next I cleared my desk and pulled out my sticky notes, ink, Misti and the sentiments I wanted to use. I love when I can stretch my supplies and making one sentiment out of two different ones is a great way to do that! I also had to find some patience! because it took me about 6 tries and walking away numerous times to get the sentiment stamped how I wanted it. I am really happy with how it turned out.

I added some twine to the bottom of the card and I didn't have a fish embellishment like I pictured in my head so I cut it out of another piece of paper from the same collection and popped it up with 3D foam pop dots.......the big one that got away <wink>. Some enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Dad's CatchCattails - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiments: Christmas FishiesSwinging Birthday - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Gone Camping - Carta Bella


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, twine, enamel dots, sunburst stencil - Whimsy Stamps, Stampin' Up inks


 Copic Markers:

Skin- E00 E21 E11 E04

Waders - YG63 YG67 G99

Hat, Pole, Rope - E30 E31 E43

Hair, Handle - E23 E25 E27

Cattails - E23 E25 E27 YG01 YG03 YG17 G28 E31

Fish - R37 YG01 YG03 YG17 G28

Reel, Clasps - C0 C1 C3 

Butterfly - E31 

Shirt - R24 R27 R37 R59

Water - B000 B00 B01 



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


No comments: