Wednesday, February 24, 2021

More Bubbles!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a fun card using  Burts Bath - R103 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the main image and Filled With Bubbles - H119 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Burt sure looks happy as he's letting all of his troubles float away! LOL!


To make my card this week, I used Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock for my base folded at 5.5" x 4.25". For the main background, I used Doodlebug Design Inc. - Under The Sea paper cut to the same size as the base and attached it using double-sided tape. Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry was used to ink around all of the edges. Whimsy Stamps - Slimline Pillows Die was used to cut out the shape for the sentiment and Die-Namics My Favourite Things - PCD Fishtail Figs STX for the flag behind the sentiment. I inked around the edges of the sentiment die cut with Copic Marker - BV04 to frame it. Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peacock Feathers was used to ink around the edges of the flag. Avery Elle - Wonky Stitches Die was used to die cut Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card.

I stamped the image and sentiment using Memento - Tuxedo Black using my MISTI and coloured in the image using Copic markers. I added 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to the back of the coloured image and attached it to the base card. I ran the flag through my Xyron Create a Sticker as I wanted it to lay completely flat against the background. I attached this to the base and then added 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to the back of the sentiment and attached it over top of the flag and the base. To complete the card, I added a few bubble embellishments from The Robin's Nest - Peony using Ranger Glossy Accents.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Burts Bath - R103 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment Background: Filled With Bubbles - H119 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peacock Feathers, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Doodlebug Design Inc. - Under The Sea - 6"x6", Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb.

Die Cuts: Avery Elle - Wonky Stitches Die - D-04-11, Whimsy Stamps - Slimline Pillows Die - WSD473, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies, Die-Namics MFT-489 PCD Fishtail Figs STX

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Xyron Create a Sticker, Ranger Glossy Accents, The Robin's Nest - Peony - dd-8

Images coloured with Copic Markers:

Duck: Y19, Y18, Y15, Y13, Y08, YR16, YR14, YR12, YR07

Brush: E59, E39, E35, E31, Copic Multiliner - Sepia - 0.1

Hat: BG15, BG13, BG11, BV04, BV02, BV00, RV04, RV02, RV000, Y17

Bird Bath: C7, C5, C3, C2, C1, C0

Bubbles: BG15, BG13, BG11, BG10, BV04, BV02, BV00, BV0000, RV02, RV00, RV000, Y11, Y000, Y0000

Grass: YG13, YG11, YG03, YG01

Sky: B02, B01, B00, B000

Wonky Border: BV04, BV02, BG15

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: