Thursday, February 4, 2021

Gopher Nurse

  I don't know about you but when I am not feeling well I have a favourite blanket I like to snuggle in under and although I drink coffee I set it aside for a cup of tea. The blanket is one my mom made for me and I think it is the extra love in the stitches that always helps me feel better. 

I tried to get the feeling of being wrapped in a blanket with the patterned paper on my card and the oh so adorable "Gopher Tea Nurse" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps and her tea cup reminded me of the tea. This stamp (along with some of her other adorable friends - you can see them here) has been brought out the High Hopes Retirement Vault to help bring smiles and get well wishes.



 After stamping and colouring the stamp with Copic markers I hand fussy cut her. I decided on the 4"x5" card base and chose some flowered patterned paper from Kaisercraft that reminded me of the quilts we used to wrap ourselves in when we sick as kids. The card design is based loosely on some cards I saw a long time ago when I was googling sketches that stuck with me.

I cut the paper and then used a scalloped edger die to create the "blanket" edges.  They are over lapped slightly under the stamp. Next I added a piece of water color paper from MFT behind it. Using a circle die I cut a circle and added some stitches to it with a stitch die and cut a matching piece of the flowered paper for the inside. Next I glued down the stamped image and added some ribbon to finish off my card.

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Gopher Tea Nurse - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Misty Mountains - Kaisercraft, Water Colour - MFT


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, ribbon, scallop edger die - Kat Scrapiness, circle die - Spellbinders, stitches die - YNS


 Copic Markers:

Body - E15 E17 E19

Nose - N5 N6 N10

Tea Cup - R81 R83 R85 V20 V22 V17 V25

Tag - R81 R83 R85 C1 C2




Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


No comments: