Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Spring is in the Air!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Turtle Stack - TLF035 for the image and Spring Is In The Air - FDG036 for the sentiment. Really loving the New Spring Release called "This and That" at High Hopes Rubber Stamps! This image could also be used for birthday's too.

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cardstock, cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". I attached Scrapbook.com - Playful Smooth Cardstock to the base using double-sided tape. Using W R Memory Keepers - Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper - I cut the corners using the 1/4". Using my Cuttlebug and Hero Arts - Infinity Dies - Rounded Rectangle, I die cut the following papers: Scrapbook.com - Jewels Smooth Cardstock, Your Next Stamp - Happy Spring cardstock and Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I inked around the edges of the base card with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fossilized Amber and around the floral background with Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peeled Paint. I applied U-Line double-sided tape onto the floral background and solid green background and popped up both onto the base card. I stamped the image onto the small rectangle that I had cut out of the Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black. The sentiment was also stamped with the same ink and then fussy cut. I inked around the sentiment with Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peeled Paint and set it aside for later. The image was coloured in with Copic Markers. I applied multiple layers of U-Line double-sided tape to the back of the sentiment and applied one layer to the back of the main image and popped them both up on the card. Lastly, I added some pop-dots to complete the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Turtle Stack - TLF035 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Spring Is In The Air - FDG036 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fossilized Amber, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peeled Paint

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Scrapbook.com - Playful Smooth Cardstock (4.25" x 5.5"), Scrapbook.com - Jewels Smooth Cardstock (4.25" x 5.5"), Your Next Stamp - Happy Spring (6"x6")

Die Cuts: Hero Arts - Infinity Dies - Rounded Rectangle (DI465)

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Cuttlebug, W R Memory Keepers - Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Turtles: YG67, YG17, YG08, YG03, YG01, E87, E84, E44, E43, E42, E15, Y35, Y08, YR24, G99, G94, G21, G07, G03,  C1

Sky: B02, B01, B00, B000

Grass: Y13, Y03, Y01

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: