Thursday, August 4, 2022

Fall Fun

   I grew up on a fairly large property with lots of trees. In the fall, one of our jobs was to rake the leaves. It wasn't always our favourite job but there were times where we took a break, raked the leaves into a big pile and had some fun jumping in the pile and throwing them at each other. Of course this left more raking to do to get them back in the pile to be put into bags and it also left leaves in our hair and clothes! We were sure to clean those off before going in the house! 

The "Fall Joy" stamp from High Hopes Rubber Stamps brings back some of these fun memories! Fall is my favourite time of year so I am happy to celebrate all things fall and Halloween this month.

                                                          

 After stamping onto alcohol marker friendly paper I coloured this fun stamp with Copic markers and cut it out using a rectangle die. Patterned paper from two different Honey Bee pads gave me a perfect background - since the stamp is "busy" I wanted to use a more neutral back ground. I cut the paper to fit my 5.5" x 5.5" card base, inked the edges and added them to matching card stock. 

The sentiment is a combination of words from two different sentiments. To create my sentiment I masked off each stamp to get the word I wanted, lined them up and stamped them separately. When they were stamped I cut them out using an oval die, put it on matching card stock and hand cut the shape. Next, I added some twine to the patterned paper pieces, glued them down, and added the stamped image with 3D foam tape. Some leaf die cuts and enamel dots finish off my card. 

 
Card Recipe 

Stamp: Fall Joy (T041) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Happy Fall Y'all (G086), Winter Fun! (F109) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Autumn Afternoon, Gingham Galore Fall - Honey Bee 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, rectangle die, oval die, leaf die - Your Next Stamp, enamel dots, twine, Close To Cocoa ink - Stampin' Up


 Copic Markers:

Raccoons - N4 N6 N8 W1 W3 W6 W7

Sky - B000 B00 B41 B52

           Grass - YG61 YG67 BG99

Leaves - Y11 Y18 Y26  G21 G24 G28 BG99

YG01 YG03 YG17 G28 R05 R17 R39

YG02 YG11 YG18 YR21 YR24 E23

Tree - E23 E25 D27 D29



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



1 comment:

Cheri Burry said...

Oh my gosh these two are having way too much fun LOL! Love how you coloured this image and your background is amazing! I love the card layout, might just have to "Steal" that one! The lighter brown papers makes your image just pop right off the card. Love the little leaves and the twine just finishes off the Fall feel! I'm with you on Fall being my favourite time of the year. ! Another perfect card my talented friend!