Thursday, December 22, 2022

Sparkle and Cheer Friends

 I can't believe Christmas is in 3 days.......3 DAYS!!! Am I the only one who feels like this year went by at warp speed?!? This month the High Hopes design team has been sharing winter themed cards and for me, Christmas and New Year's are part of winter so for my final card of the year I have decided to do a card to wish you all - my followers, High Hopes fans and followers, and all my friends and family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

The design team will be taking next week off to spend time with family and friends and we will be back to regular posting in January.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone from myself and "Polar Friends" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. 


                                                                                                                   

I started this card by cutting a piece of water colour paper to fit my 5.5" x 5.5" card base and did some ink blending with Distress Ink and Stampin' Up inks. I splattered some Unicorn's Hair acrylic paint on the ink (hard to see in the picture) to add some extra sparkle and shine. 
When the paper was dry, I used a fireworks die to cut out the fireworks and glued the paper down to a piece of card stock. I set it aside and after stamping these friends on alcohol marker friendly paper I coloured them with Copic markers, added Star Dust Stickles to their scarves and hat and hand fussy cut them leaving a thin white edge.

Next, I cut fireworks out of white, red and green glitter paper and inset them in to the background. I added a few extra stars around the fireworks just for fun. White card stock cut with a curvy die helped me make some snowy hills. To create the sentiment, I masked off the top portion of the sentiment, stamped it on matching card stock with Versa Mark and added some white WOW embossing powder. 

After heating it with my heat gun, I let it cool and then added white ink around the edge to help it stand out a little bit better. The stamp was added with some foam tape to add some dimension and matching glitter dots in the corners finish off my card. 

Card Details
Stamps - Polar Friends (TT058) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Sparkle & Cheer (LDG001)
Patterned Paper - glitter paper - stash and American Crafts 

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, white WOW Embossing powder, Night of Navy ink - Stampin' Up, Stormy Sky - Distress ink, fireworks die - Your Next Stamp, Star Dust Stickles, Picket Fence Distress ink, foam tape, glitter dots, Unicorn's Hair acrylic paint - Prima 

Copic Markers
Penguin/Nose - N4 N5 N8 N10
Feet/Beak - Y11 Y15 Y17 Y38
Candy Cane - R17 R27 R37 R39
Paws - E01 E93
Shading - W0 W1
Hats/Scarves - R39 R59 R89 C7 G17 G28 B39
Glass - C1 C2 C4 C5 R59 G28 E01 E93
Ice Cubes - B000 B00


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!





No comments: