Monday, January 14, 2019

Wild Thing

I am getting out of Christmas card making mode and jumping in to Valentine's Day cards. I don't make many of this type of card to be honest but sometimes you have a stamp that comes into your life that needs to be a Valentine's Day card! 

"Snuggle Lions" was just that stamp for me.....although now I think it would also be perfect for an Anniversary card............



This card went sideways from my original plan. After colouring it with alcohol markers I hand fussy cut it and went around the edge with a black marker to cover any white I may have missed. Here is where things went awry...the paper and design I had chosen were just not working together with the stamp! Even after walking away for a day it wouldn't come together! 

So, I chose some paper from MFT and a different design and put my card together. I had to use my fussy cut stamp although I don't think it looks fussy cut on this white background. Next I took a small heart die and after roughly placing where I wanted the lions to be, I cut three hearts. 

The sentiment is one large sentiment but with some masking and help from my Misti I was able to split it up and stamp directly on to my paper. Some glossy enamel dots finish off my card. 


Card Recipe 
Stamp: Snuggle Lions - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Wild Thing - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Hearts and Stripes - My Favorite Things

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Misti, gloss enamel dots - Gina Marie Designs 

Spectrum Noir Markers: GB1 GB4 GB7 GB10 BG5 BG7 BG10 EB3 EB6 EB5 AG1 AG3 AG4 CR7 CR11 DR6

Be sure to stop by the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook page and blog for daily inspiration from the design team!
                                                                 
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments: