Thursday, April 15, 2021

Bob's Tubing Fun

  I have tried tubing in the past and I had fun but it I only tried it once. I was with some friends in a spot in the river where we weren't supposed to be and there was one tiny spot on a rock you had to catch with your finger tips or you would end up going down some really dangerous rapids. I caught it but barely and honestly didn't try it again. 

My Dad tried tubing as well but he was being pulled by my uncle in a boat. He had to show us kids he could still have fun so he crawled in to the tube and away we went. I remember the smile on his face........but I don't think it was quite as big as the one Bob has on the "Tubing Bob" stamp from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. This immediately brought back the fun memories with my Dad an I hope it does for him too. 


I coloured Bob with Copic markers after stamping him with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and cut him out using a circle die. It is hard to see in the photo but I added some glossy accents to his glasses. 
I cut a card stock circle to go behind him with my Fiskars circle cutter. After finding some patterned paper from Bo Bunny that matched my card theme I cut out the pieces to fit my design. This design is based loosely on a card I saw from Kristine Marcotte and was perfect for this fun stamp. 
I kept the paper monochromatic to keep the focus on the stamp. Antique linen on all the edges gives the layers some definition and helps them pop. The two rectangle panels are popped up with foam pop dots and Bob was glued to them after they were placed. Some photo corners, twine and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Tubing Bob - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiments: Happy Father's Day - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Beach Therapy - Bo Bunny 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, twine, antique linen Distress ink, 3D foam pop dots - Forever In Time, enamel dots, Glossy Accent, photo corner die - Quickutz


 Copic Markers:

Skin - E00 E21 E11 E04 R30 R32

Hair - E34 E35 E29

Trunks - Y38 YR16 YR18

Tube - YG03 YG17 G28

Water - B00 B01 B02



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




No comments: