Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Surfer Bob!!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a masculine card using Surfer Bob - TT519 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Surf's Up - FR009 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Wild and crazy Bob has awesome balance on his surf board. We had the opportunity to see surfers in Hawaii riding the waves on one of our trips. It was amazing!!! I've never tried surfing before, but I would sure love to. It's definitely on my bucket list. LOL!


To make my card this week, I used Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. paper folded to 4.25" x 5.5" for the base. I cut Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card to the same size as the base and stamped the image and sentiment using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured in the image with Copic markers and created my own background.

To create the background, I first created a mask of Surfer Bob using Post-It Note paper and fussy cut around the image. Then I put it over top of the coloured image. Using a Picket Fence - Blending Brush and Lawn Fawn - Cloudy Stencil, I began the top of the sky with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean. I did this for 2 rows and then switched to Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, followed by Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink - Broken China. The mask was removed and the water was created by just adding a mixture of strokes with the Copic colours listed below.

I added double-sided tape to the coloured image and attached it to the base. Then, I mixed a little bit of FolkArt - Extreme Glitter Acrylic Paint and Delta Ceramcoat - White paint. Using a 1/4" H.J. Domed Dry Stipple brush, I created the water spray for the waves. For a little extra sparkle, I added some DecoArt Glamour Dust while the paint was still wet.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Surfer Bob - TT519 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Surf's Up - FR009 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink - Broken China

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb.

Stencil: Lawn Fawn - Cloudy Stencil

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Picket Fence - Blending Brush, 1/4" H.J. Domed Dry Stipple

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000, R30, R20

Hair: E47, E44, E43, E40

Swim Trunks: B69, B52, Y17, C01 for shading

Surf Board: Y17, Y15, YR18, YR16, YR14

Water: BG72, BG70, B93, B91, B52, B41, B06, B02, B01, B000, C0

Foamy Water: FolkArt - Extreme Glitter Acrylic Paint, Delta Ceramcoat - White, DecoArt Glamour Dust

Check out some other fun new stamps from the vault for Boys and Men here:
THE VAULT IS OPEN! MEN & BOYS RELEASE Archives - High Hopes Rubber Stamps (highhopesstamps.com)

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: