Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Think Snow!!!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using Snowman Stumble - TT014 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Think Snow 2 - FF047 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. I grew up skating at the outdoor rink directly across the street from my house. We couldn't wait to get home from school and throw on our skates. The rinks were always full of children from the neighbourhood. We would either play rink games or hockey. I think there was a rink every couple of blocks. As soon as we'd finish eating, we were back on the ice again. Our parents were always yelling at us to come inside at the end of the day. How times have changed. LOL!



To make my card this week, I began with a card base made from Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". My Cuttlebug and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies were used to die cut Hot Buy Craft Smart - Holiday Glitz Glitter Paper to be the same size as the base card. With a Picket Fence - Blending Brush and a mixture of Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Blueprint Sketch and Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, I created the background sky. I applied this directly to the glitter background paper. Once this was done, I applied this directly to the base using double-sided tape. Next, Nellie's Choice - Nature Scene Dies - NSD001 - Mountains were used to die cut the tree scenery using Momenta - Cardstock and using a small dauber I added in some darker touches of green using Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peeled Paint. The pond was die cut using Whimsy Stamps - Wavy Nested Frame Dies Set and Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. I inked the image and sentiment using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black. Lastly, I die cut the sentiment using Joy Crafts - Labels and Tags and inked around the edges with my Picket Fence - Blending Brush and the ink that was still on it from doing the sky.

I coloured in the image with Copic markers and added in some highlights on the skate blades with Pental Sunburst Metalic Med Gel Pen. I inked the image a second time onto the Hot Buy Craft Smart - Holiday Glitz Glitter Paper for the snowman body and fussy cut around it. Once it was coloured in with Copics, I ran it through my Xyron Create a Sticker and attached it to the base stamped image.

The card was now ready to assemble. Part of the pond was cut off at the top before it was attached it to the sparkly background using glue and double-sided tape. Next, I added some 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to the back of the trees and applied it over top of where the sky ended and the pond met. To create the snow around the pond and in between the trees, pond and snow, I used Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff and added some DecoArt Glamour Dust while it was still wet. Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool was used to heat the liquid and make it puff up to look like fluffy snow. I added some Stickles - Diamond to the pompom. Using a Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen and Sharpie Water Based Paint - White - Extra Fine Point pen, I created the snow in the sky. Lastly, to finish off the card, I added 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to the sentiment and applied it to the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Snowman Stumble - TT014 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Think Snow 2 - FF047 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Blueprint Sketch, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peeled Paint

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Momenta - Cardstock, Hot Buy Craft Smart - Holiday Glitz Glitter Paper 12" x 12"

Die Cuts: My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies, Nellie's Choice - Nature Scene Dies - NSD001 - Mountains, Whimsy Stamps - Wavy Nested Frame Dies Set (WSD382), Joy Crafts - Labels and Tags

Stickles: Diamond

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen, Sharpie Water Based Paint - White - Extra Fine Point, DecoArt Glamour Dust, Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff, Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool, Cuttlebug, Picket Fence - Blending Brush, Pental Sunburst Metalic Med Gel Pen, Xyron Create a Sticker

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Snowman: B60, R30, R20, YR21, YR16, YR15, Colorless Blender

Hat: BG72, BG57, BG32, BG11, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen

Mitts and Skates: C3, C2, C1, C00, BG09, BG05, BG02, BG01

Ice: B00, B000, B000

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: