Friday, September 25, 2015

Snowman Stumble

Hello High Hopes Fans!!!
 
TGIF!!!  Here's another one of my cards using the Joys of the Season New Release Stamps...
Jane 
 
This is Snowman Stumble (TT014) and Have An Ice Day Sentiment (HH007). Such an adorable Snowman!!! I think Snowmen images may become one of my favourite images to colour and decorate for this upcoming holiday season!  

I coloured Snowman Stumble with Tombow Markers and water, then used Twinkling H20 - Heavenly for the white parts of the snowman. After the image was all coloured and dry, I added some Glossy Accents to his nose and skate blades.  I needed more sparkle after that was complete, so out came the Stickles.  I used Crystal - Ice Stickles on the fur of the hat and pompom.  Wow, does this snowman ever glitter and shine!  The image was then cut down to size and layered with some green and black cardstock.  
 
For the sentiment, I was really wanting to try a technique that I have never done before.  I am not certain that this is a new technique, but it is new to me.  I started by stamping the sentiment on a scrap piece of paper with black ink.  I took the stamped sentiment and photocopied it on white cardstock using my office laser printer.  After I had copied the image of the sentiment, I cut it down to size and took a small piece of Heidi Swapp Silver Reactive Foil and laid it (shiny side up) on top of my copied sentiment.  I ran this through my "antique" office laminator.  LOL!  I am not fortunate enough to own one of those new Heidi Swapp foil laminators, so I thought I could use what I already have.  It's an old laminator, but it worked like a charm for this project!!!  After peeling off the foil from the sentiment, I decided it needed more sparkle too.  You can never have too much sparkle on holiday cards!  The Zig - Wink of Stella clear glitter pen was used on the sentiment's snow and in between the lines of the border.  It is rather difficult to see in the picture, but with the light silver foil and little bit of clear glitter, the results were amazing!  What a fun and easy technique!!!  
 
The pattern paper is from Echo Park - 'Tis the Season 6x6 Paper Pad.  Also, some black, green, red and white cardstock was used to create this card. A red felt snowflake was added, along with a crystal rhinestone in the centre.  Five red rhinestones were placed below the image.  Foam tape was also used under the image and sentiment to create some dimension on this card, along with a piece of red ric-rac ribbon.    
 
Supplies Used:
 
Ink - Tombow Markers - 847, 856, 076, 126, N35, N55, 491, and N60.  Versamark Ink Pad, Black Embossing Powder and Twinkling H2O-Heavenly for the white parts of the snowman.
 
Paper - SU Black. Green, Red and White Cardstock, Echo Park - 'Tis the Season 6x6 Paper Pad.
 
MiscGlossy Accents, Crystal - Ice Stickles, Zig-Wink of Stella Glitter Clear Pen, Heidi Swapp-Silver Reactive Foil, Office Laser Printer, Office Laminator, SU - Little Felt Flurries, Red and Crystal Rhinestones, Red Ric-Rac Ribbon, Water BrushFoam Tape, and Glue Dots.

 
Thanks for stopping by!

************* 
You have to head on over to the High Hopes online store and see all the stamps from the new "Joys of the Seasons" Collection! Don't forget to head on over to the HH blog and enter into our Christmas/ Fall/ Halloween Challenge! 
 
buttonnowship 
You can find High Hopes stamps at the links below.

One Crazy Stamper based out of Canada

1 comment:

José said...

Such a lovely card, love the image of the fallen snowman