Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Happy 150th Birthday Canada!

Howdy!
Wow Canada is turning 150 years young!! I'm actually what they refer to as a "Centennial baby"  being born in the year Canada turned 100! I'm sure there will be lots of special events on the July 1st long weekend! Off to the Cottage for me and of course we'll be taking in the fireworks! I decided to make a birthday card for Canada!
I made the card base from a Silhouette file and added the High Hopes "Team Canada" stamp in the middle. Of course I had to add the numbers "150" and the Happy is part of the "Happy Birthday Block" sentiment. I love that this image has all our most popular "Canadian animals included on it! Although our Canadian Flag doesn't have glitter, being the girl I am I just couldn't leave it alone and added some Clear Wink of Stella to the red parts.
I used the "Happy Birthday Block" sentiment again on the inside.
Copics Used:
Flag: R24, R27, R29, C1
Beaver: E04, E08, E09, E17, E18
Polar Bear: C1, R901
Moose: E40, E41, E43, E44, E47, E49
Raccoon: W1, W3, W4, W6, W8, W10
Skunk: C5, C7
Shadows: W1, B0000

Happy Stamping!
Supplies:


2 comments:

Roberta Stevenson said...

This is an awesome card Cheri! Love your colouring and all of the sparkle on the flag! Also, love that you put it on the Canadian flag. Fantastic design!

Shelley said...

Love this card! I must get this stamp lol. Thanks for enabling lol