Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Life Without Dogs???

 It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a slim-line card using Teacup Pup - SS035 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Life Without Dogs - GG029 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Growing up, we always had dogs for pets. We would often take them on nice long walks and they always brightened our day with their tails wagging or playing and making us laugh.


To make my card this week, using Gina Marie Designs - Ric Rac Nested Circle die cuts, I cut out Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card and stamped my image using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured in the image and background using Copic markers and also created the flower pattern on the tea cup.

For the sentiment, Gina Marie Designs - Big and Little Pierced Chain Round dies were used to die cut the rectangle for the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. Copic R89 was used to create a border around the die cut. I had some tiny pieces from the paw print frame left over so I ran them through my Xyron Create a Sticker and attached them to the sentiment.

To assemble the card, I first took some light tan brown cardstock and cut it to 7" x 7.25". Then I scored it at 3.5" for a finished card base of 3.5" x 7.25". Using dark brown cardstock, My Creative Time - Tall Paw Frame Dies were used to create the main frame. I glued this directly to the base card. My Creative Time - Tall Frame Dies were used to die cut the patterned paper from Echo Park Paper Co. - Imagine That!. Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough was used to ink around the edges. This too, was also glued directly onto the paw frame. 3M VHB - 2 sided tape was used to attach both the completed image and the sentiment to the card. To finish it off, I applied some Crafts Scrapbooking Pearls - 02-3006207.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Teacup Pup - SS035 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Life Without Dogs - GG029 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Echo Park Paper Co. - Imagine That 6" x 6", Light Brown Cardstock and Dark Brown Cardstock

Die Cuts: Gina Marie Designs - Ric Rac Nested Circle, Gina Marie Designs- Big and Little Pierced Chain Round, My Creative Time - Tall Frame Dies, My Creative Time - Tall Paw Frame Dies

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Puppy: E59, E57, E55, B60, C1, C00, Colorless Blender, (Eyes and Nose - Sakura Glaze - Black, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen)

Flowers and Leaves: R89, R85, YG09, YG06, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen

Tea Cup and Saucer: R89, R85, R83

Bone: E53, E51, E50

Shadow: BG72, BG57, BG32, BG13

Check out some other fun new stamps from High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Furry and Friends Release

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: