Thursday, June 17, 2021

Scenic Route

 When hubby and I are going somewhere and it is a long drive, we always try to find "the scenic" route. This usually ends up being the no highways way to go and we have seen some beautiful scenery and found some hidden gems over the years. 

It is always fun to find a hidden gem and then go back to it when we have time to spend there ..... on a different road trip of course <wink> It is these road trips that were the inspiration for this card featuring "Choo Choo" from High Hopes. 


After stamping this cutie and colouring it with Copic markers I hand fussy cut it and ran a black marker around the edge to get any white I had missed. I wanted to include a railroad track on my card but I didn't have a die for that so I used a curved edge die to cut the rails and then decided the width of the cross pieces and cut them to fit. I added some trees and clouds to help create my scene. I added my stamped image last and popped him up with some foam pop dots. 

After stamping the sentiment I cut it to size and mounted it on matching card stock. Some enamel dots finish off my card. 


Card Recipe 

Stamp: Choo Choo  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiments: Scenic Route - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Cartopia - Carta Bella, sky - Piggy Tails 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, tree and cloud dies YNS, curved edge die - My Creative Time Dies, foam pop dots, enamel dots


 Copic Markers:

Train  - C1 C2 C4 C5 B12 B14 B16 B97

Eyes - N4 N5 N8 N10 B00 B01 B02 B04

Smoke -W1 W2

Hair - E34 E35 E29




Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




No comments: