Thursday, November 18, 2021

Rise And Shine!

 I am a coffee lover through and through and I am a morning person....after a cup ......er okay maybe two cups of coffee. I love to get up and have my first coffee by myself before hubby and the dog wake up and the house is quiet.

"Still Sleeping" from the new Gnome Mania release reminds me of myself when I get up ....okay not the messy beard but I can rock my bed head like he rocks his messy beard and bunny slippers! He just makes me giggle and I feel like he is enjoying his first cup of coffee watching the sun rise just as much as I do mine. 


                                                                  
I stamped this fun stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, coloured him with Copic markers and hand fussy cut him. I set him aside and pulled out the Summer Stems paper pad from Honey Bee Stamps. Using a pleated lace oval die from Gina Marie designs I cut out a background piece for him. I cut an oval with a die out of matching card stock so I had a piece to put behind it. 
I love putting a card stock layer behind my paper layers to help separate them and to make them pop. I cut a different patterned paper to become my background on the card base, glued the oval die cuts to it and added the stamped image using foam pop dots.
Next I used dies to cut out a sun and clouds to put in a cluster and some grass to go behind him since he is out in his yard enjoying the sunrise and his first cup. 
To finish off my card, I stamped the sentiment and mounted it on some matching card stock and scattered some enamel dots around the clouds. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Still Sleeping - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Coffee The Rise - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Summer Stems - Honey Bee Stamps


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, pleated lace oval die - Gina Marie Designs, sun/cloud dies - Your Next Stamp, grass die - Your Next Stamp, foam pop dots, enamel dots 


 Copic Markers:

Skin  - EOO E21 E11

Hat/Robe  - RV34 RV56 RV59

Slippers/Patch/Cup - Y21 YR21 YR12 YR24 

Coffee - E25 E29

Beard - C0 C1 C2 



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




No comments: