Thursday, July 28, 2022

Hippo For Christmas

 When I was a child and I heard the hippopotamus for Christmas song all I could do was giggle. All I was hoping for was a puppy or pony ... but a hippo!???!! I mean I did think it through for a bit....how would I explain to Mom that the one tub in the house is now for the hippo, what would I feed it, where would I keep it after it out grew the tub? So many questions with no easy answers so, I stuck with wishing for a puppy or pony! 

As an adult I see the humor behind the song and have way too much fun singing it with the littles in my life and giggling as we try to get through singing it. I know one of them goes where I did in her head trying to figure all the details out and all I can do is just knowingly smile.....because.......really........who doesn't want a hippopotamus for Christmas?

                                                       

This adorable hippo is stamped on alcohol maker friendly paper, coloured with Copic markers and cut out using a big and little pierced chain die. After cutting a piece of card stock for the back I set it aside. There has been a present die in my die collection for awhile now just waiting for the perfect opportunity to be used, so I cut some presents out of matching card stock and box edges and bows out of some green glitter paper for a bit of sparkle.
After gluing all the pieces together, I cut a piece of patterned paper from Doodlebug for my card base and a piece of water color paper to go in behind the stamped image. I glued everything down and then stamped the sentiment and cut it out with a fish tail banner. Some glitter dots finish off my card. 
 
Card Recipe 

Stamp: Party Hippo (S201) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Hippopotamus For Christmas (H201) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Christmas Town - Doodlebug

Watercolor Wishes - Lawn Fawn

Glitter paper - American Crafts


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, present die - Gina Marie Designs, big and little chain die - Gina Marie Designs, fish tail banner die - Your Next Stamp, glitter dots


 Copic Markers:

Hippo - N1 N2 N4 N5 N8

Confetti - Y02 YR23 E47

            Present - YG03 YG17 YG67 BG99



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



No comments: