Monday, July 4, 2022

Fishing Santa

Howdy - MichelleO here today - Santa Claus is taking one last vacation before his busy season - And the image of his catch makes a perfect Christmas Card! This is High Hope Stamps "Fishing Santa"  


This has always been a favorite Santa image of mine! I love the fun feel of it and the fact that Santa gets a holiday for himself. I colored with my Copics (colors below) and then topped off the trim in his hat with some Nuvo sparkles, even on holiday his fur trim must have sparkle! 

Now for papers, I didn't want to go with traditional Christmas patterns here and so I dug into my stash of papers and found some older My Minds Eye Kraft Funday collection. Love the craft paper feel to these and thought they were perfect for a Santa on an outdoor holiday - I sewed down the layers and put them on a dark brown card stock. The sentiment is High Hopes Stamps "Christmas Fishies" and is perfect for this image. 

Now I felt it needed some sort of embellishment... but what? Then I saw a jar of antique buttons on my shelf. The colors were perfect and the vintage feel even better! So I attached three buttons with glue dots! 

Copic colors used -

This one makes me happy - And that is what this is all about to feel good coloring! And then pass on the card to make someone else smile! For tons of other images to share a smile visit the High Hopes Stamps Web store HERE and you will fall in love with so so many images! Promise! 



No comments: