Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Carolers - Joy To The World!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a Christmas card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Carolers - TT011 for the main image and Joy to the World - GLL012, for the sentiment. Seeing these carolers reminds me of my younger days when we would go visiting and sing Christmas carols at our cousins and our parent's friends' houses.

To make my card this week, I began with a card base from Recollections - Winter 4.25" x 5.5 (Assorted Box of Cards). Using my Cuttlebug and paper from Crafter's Companion - Luxury Cardstock - Ice Blue Pack, I die cut the snowflake border with Lawn Fawn - Snowflake Border die cuts. Using the same paper, I cut a thin strip .25" x 5.5". With Lawn Fawn - Sparkle Cardstock in "Pixie Dust", I cut a strip 1" x 5.5". Using double-sided tape, I attached the 1" strip directly onto the base card. I ran the other strip through my Xyron Create a Sticker and attached it to the card next to the 1" strip. I added liquid glue to the backs of each of the snowflakes for the snowflake border and adhered them over top of the larger strip. Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass and a finger dauber were used to ink around all of the edges of the card.

With my Cuttlebug and dies from My Favourite Things - Die-namics - Elegant Rectangle Stax, I die cut a large rectangle out of Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card cardstock. The image was stamped onto the die cut using my MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured in the image and then added the snow in the sky using a Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen. Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff was added to the trim of the girl's jacket and then heat set with a Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool to puff it up. Crystal - Stickles was added on top of this and also along her dress hem. DecoArt Snow-Tex sprinkled with DecoArt Glamour Dust and a spatula were used to create the snow on the bottom of the image. Crystal - Stickles was added to add some extra sparkle and give some highlights. Wink of Stella - Clear was added on top of the music books. The sentiment was stamped onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card using my MISTI and Memento - Northern Pine ink. It was then die cut using my Cuttlebug and Poppystamps - Christmas Quotes dies. Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Rustic Wilderness was used to ink around the edges. I added U-Line double-sided tape to the back of the sentiment and finished image and popped them both up onto the card. Lastly, I added Ranger - Snowflake Glitter with liquid glue to finish it off.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Carolers - TT011 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Joy to the World - GLL012 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Rustic Wilderness, Memento - Northern Pine, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Recollections - Winter 4.25" x 5.5 (Assorted Box of Cards), Crafter's Companion - Luxury Cardstock - Ice Blue Pack, Lawn Fawn - Sparkle Cardstock in "Pixie Dust" (8.5" x 11")

Die Cuts: My Favourite Things - Die-namics - Elegant Rectangle Stax - MFT-1268, Lawn Fawn - Snowflake Border (#LF2431), Poppystamps - Christmas Quotes

Snow: DecoArt Snow-Tex, DecoArt Glamour Dust, Crystal - Stickles

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff, Crystal - Stickles, DecoArt Glamour Dust, Cuttlebug, Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool, Xyron Create a Sticker, Ranger - Snowflake Glitter

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000, R30, R24, R21 (Eyes: Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen, Sakura Glaze - Black)

Hair: E15, Y38, Y21, YR23, E47, E44, E43, E42

Boy Mitts, Scarf and EarMuffs: BG09, BG05, BG02, BG01

Boy Jacket: R59, R37, R35

Boy Jeans: B26, B23, B21

Boy Boots: E27, E25, E23, E21,

Girl's Coat and Boots: BG72, BG57, BG32, BG11, Cosmic Shimmer Fluffy Stuff, Crystal - Stickles

Girl Dress and Leggings: YG67, YG63, YG61, G19, G16, G14, Crystal - Stickles, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen

Girl EarMuffs and Mittens: YG67, YG63, YG61

Song Books: YR23, Y15, Y11, Y00, Wink of Stella - Clear

Bird: R46, R14, R08

Cat: T9, T7, T5, T4, R01

Dog: E37, E35, E33, R24

Sky: B99, B97, B95, B93

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: