Thursday, November 17, 2022

From Our Gnome

 I have the shakes this week! As in I made what I am calling a full front shaker card. It is the first time I have tried this style and it was a ton of fun! Of course I  would change a few things next time but over all I think my card featuring "Snowy Gnome" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps will make one of the young people or adults on my card giving list smile!




                                                                                                                                     
 I started my card by stamping Snowy Gnome on alcohol friendly paper, colouring him with Copic markers and hand fussy cutting him leaving a thin white edge. I set him aside and found a snowy background paper from Whimsy Stamps and cut it to fit my 5" x 5" base. I die cut some houses and added a bit of white acrylic paint to the roofs and some glitter so it looked like snow. While that was drying I cut some stitched snowy hills and added paint and glitter to the edges as well. I glued down the snow hills and houses on the base and set it aside.

To create my full front shaker, I cut a page protector in a square half an inch larger all the way around then my base. I glued down three sides and added some seed beads, sequins and a glitter mix and then glued the last side closed. All of this glued down to the card base. 

I glued my gnome down in the middle of the card and added two sentiments, a silver snowflake charm and a bow to the corner. I added some black stitch lines around the sentiments to help them stand out a bit. Glitter dots finish of my card.

Card Details
Stamps - Snowy Gnome (TLF024) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Scripty Merry Christmas (FLL007), From Our Gnome (FDG009)- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Blurry Flurries - Whimsy Stamps

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, stitched hill die - Whimsy Stamps, house die - Gina Marie Designs, ribbon, glitter - Hero Arts, page protector, white acrylic paint, glitter dots, sequins - stash, seed beads - Your Next Stamp, sequin mix - Lucy's Cards

Copic Markers
Skin - EOO E21 E11 E04    
Birds - Y11 Y35 Y38 R05 R17 YR18 R59
Clothing -BG45 BG15 BG72 BG75 C1 C2 C4 C7 
Beard - W1 W2 W3
Boots - T2 T4 T6 T7 
Holly and Berries - YG01 YG03 YG17 BG99 RO5 R17 YR18 R59
Snow - BG000 BG01 blender


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!





No comments: