Thursday, September 12, 2024

Hummingbird Wishes

  I am taking a break from making Christmas cards and adding to my birthday card stash with this card featuring "Hummingbird" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. This stamp reminds me of my girls weekend at a friends cottage. She has a few window hummingbird feeders around her cottage and it is so fun to sit and watch them come in to feed. They are amazing little creatures and I love to sit and listen to the hum of their wings. 


                                          

I coloured this pretty stamp with Copic alcohol markers after stamping it on alcohol marker friendly paper and hand fussy cut it leaving a thin white edge. Next, I found some water color paper from Lawn Fawn and cut it to fit my 5" x 5" card base. I cut a circle to go behind the stamp using two nesting circles, added some sparkly mesh I had in my stash and using the largest circle cut some white cardstock to put behind it. All of the paper edges are inked lightly to help them stand out. Enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe

Stamp - Hummingbird (TLF020) High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Happy Birthday Script (FDG028)
Patterned Paper - Water Color Washes Brights - Lawn Fawn

Hammermill digital cover stock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, circle dies, Umber Versa Color ink, sparkle mesh - stash, enamel dots

Copic List

Bird  - BG02 BG05 BG07 BG09 R24 R59 R89 Y11 Y15 Y17
Leaves - YG01 YG03 YG17 G28  
Flowers - E01 E02 E95 E97 E99

Thanks for popping by! Have a great day!

                                                                                        



No comments: