Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Milton the Moose!

Hi!
I'm getting ready for Fall by making some cards to send to family and friends. I thought "Milton's Fall Harvest" from High Hopes Stamps would be sure to make someone smile! I mean a Moose picking apples.... how cute right?!
I started by stamping and then colouring my images in with Copic Sketch Markers. I dug out some papers from my "Fall Stash"to create my design with. Last winter I went through all my older 6x6 paper pads and tore out the patterns I thought I might use. The rest of the papers I donated to our local Family Resource Center for the kids crafts area. Now I just call it my "stash" as I have no idea what company made what lol. I added a bit of twine and an apple brad to finish off the cards.
I challenged myself to try "no-line colouring". It's something I always envy when other people do it and thought why not give it a try! I decided to do 2 cards showing the difference of no-line colouring to that of a black ink stamped image. I stamped the right image using MFT's ink in the colour Natural. This gave me a very light line to follow when colouring. Sorry one is upside down, it's just the way I stamped and then turned it in the MISTI.
This is the "no-line colouring" image. It has a much softer look to it. I have lots of practice to do but I think it turned out ok!
Here's the most common way, stamp your image with black ink. It's much crisper looking when coloured. I used the High Hopes sentiment called "Happy Fall Ya'll" on both cards.
Copics Used:
Moose: E33, E35, E37/ W1, W3, W5/ R01, R22
Apples: R37, R39, R59, YG17, YG26
Basket: E43, E44, E47, C1, C2, C3
Grass: G28, YG17, YG23, YG25

I hope you'll head on over to the High Hopes website and see all Lora's adorable stamps! You can find more inspiration from the Design Team by visiting our Blog and Facebook page too!

Happy Stamping! 

No comments: