Thursday, September 3, 2020

Welcome Fall

 Fall is in the air where I live. We have had a few cool nights and the days are getting shorter. It is my favourite season as I love the cooler temperatures, sweaters, Thanksgiving, changing leaves and I get to wear my favourite pair of horse slippers <smile>.

I have some help welcoming fall from "Thankful Friends" and the "Welcome Fall" sign sentiment from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. How cute are these two buds! They are perfect for your fall and Thanksgiving themed cards.



I coloured this cute pair with alcohol markers, hand fussy cut them and after running a black marker around the edge to get any white I had missed set them aside.
I stepped out of my comfort zone with the flower background paper as I usually like a more plain background but this patterned paper from Simple Stories was just calling to be used for this stamp and sentiment. Love the fall colours in this paper! 
I cut some polaroid dies to put behind them and added some matching yellow paper in the "photo holes". There were a few scraps of patterned paper left when I trimmed my background piece so I fussy cut some of the flowers out of it for embellishments. The sentiment is "hung" on the frame edge with a brad from my stash.
The stamp was added with some 3D foam pop dots to add some dimension to the card. Some matching ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card and all the paper edges are inked with a matching ink.

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Thankful Friends - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment: Welcome Fall - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Pumpkin Spice - Simple Stories 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, polaroid dies - YNS, bark ink - Versa Mark, ribbon - Stampin' Up, 3D foam pop dots - Forever In Time, brad, enamel dots


 Copic and Spectrum Noir Markers:


Skin - E00 E21 E11 

Coat, Belt and Hat - E30 E42 E43 E44 C1 C2 Y32 Y35 Y38

Pants and Hat Band - G43 G82 G94    

Turkey - E13 E15 E17 E18 Y32 Y35 Y38 DR7 R29 R56

                                                               

Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


No comments: