Tuesday, May 24, 2022

A Little Behind!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made belated birthday card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Henriettas Backside - Q035 for the image and Sorry I'm - FLL031 for the sentiment. Like Henrietta, I get so busy sometimes, that I forget to send out my birthday cards on time.  This little chickie has now given me an excuse for being late. LOL!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of AC Cardstock - White cut and scored to be 6" x 6". I cut Echo Park Paper Co. - It's Your Birthday - 6" x 6" paper to be the same size as the base and adhered it with double-sided tape. Using my Cuttlebug, I die cut some golden yellow cardstock using My Creative Time -Stitched Squares Inside and Out. I added U-Line double-sided tape to the square and popped it up onto the centre of the card. Using my Cuttlebug again, I die cut Forever In Time - Texture Rouge cardstock with Waffle Flower - Nesting Square dies. I added some U-Line double-sided tape and popped this up into the centre of the last square. Lastly, using my Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine, I die cut the patterned paper using My Creative Time -Stitched Squares Inside and Out. Once again, I added U-Line double-sided tape and popped up the square into the centre of the previous one.

The image and sentiment were both stamped onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card and the image was coloured in with Copic Markers. I fussy cut around the image and ran it through my Xyron Creative Station to create a sticker. I attached this to Scrapbook.com - Playful Smooth Cardstock and then fussy cut around again leaving a small border. Using my Copic markers E25 ad E23, I added some colour under the feet. With my Empress machine again and Poppystamps - Christmas Quotes die, I die cut the sentiment. Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Wild Honey was used to ink around the edges. I added some U-Line double-sided tape to the back of the image and sentiment and popped them up onto the Jean patterned paper to complete the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Henriettas Backside - Q035 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Sorry I'm - FLL031 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Wild Honey

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, AC Cardstock - White, Doodle Bug Designs Inc. - Down on the Farm - 6" x 6" paper pad, Echo Park Paper Co. - It's Your Birthday - 6" x 6" paper pad, Forever In Time - Texture Rouge, Scrapbook.com - Playful Smooth Cardstock (4.25" x 5.5"), Yellow Cardstock

Die Cuts: My Creative Time -Stitched Squares Inside and Out, Waffle Flower - Nesting Square dies, Poppystamps - Christmas Quotes, Xyron Creative Station

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine, Cuttlebug

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Hen: E97, E47, E37, E09, YR27, YR23, R08

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: