Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Birthday Hi!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Just Cruisin' - SLF022 for the image and Just Motorin' By - G309 for the sentiment. The gnomes are out again and this time their motoring by with a birthday "Hi!" for you.

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". To create my background sky, I cut the Echo Parks Paper Co. - Birthday Wishes cardstock to the size of 5.5" x 1.75". With Lawn Fawn - Watercolor Wishes Rainbow - 6" x 6", I made 3 cuts. 5.5" x .75", 5.5" x 1.25" and with my Cuttlebug and Card Deco Essentials - Slimline Landscape Borders die, the tree landscape. I ran all of the pieces through my Xyron Creative Station and Xyron Create a Sticker. Using my Cuttlebug again and Recollections - Black cardstock, I die cut the road using My Favourite Things - Die-Namics - Open Road die.

The image and sentiment were both stamped onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card and the image was coloured in with Copic Markers. I fussy cut around the image and the sentiment and then added U-Line double-sided tape to pop them up onto the card later.

The card was now ready for assembly, starting at the bottom of the card, I applied the first piece of grass. I measured the distance of the road and then applied the second piece of green slightly lower than where the road would end. The sky piece was added next and then the tree scape. I used my E25 marker to make the tree trunks brown. I applied double-sided tape to the road piece and adhered it to the base. I popped up the image and the sentiment onto the background. Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass and a dauber were used to ink around the edges of the sky to complete the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Just Cruisin' - SLF022 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Just Motorin' By - G309 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Lawn Fawn - Watercolor Wishes Rainbow - 6" x 6", Echo Parks Paper Co. - Birthday Wishes by Alisha Gordon - 6" x 6" Paper Pads, Recollections - Black cardstock

Die Cuts: My Favourite Things - Die-Namics - Open Road MFT-1138, Card Deco Essentials - Slimline Landscape Borders

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Xyron Create a Sticker and Xyron Creative Station

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Gnomes: E47, E44, E43, E41, E15, E08, E21, E11, E00, E000, YR18, YR14, BG72, BG57, BG49, BG45, BG32, BG11, BG09, BG05, BG02, BG01, Y02, Y00

Car: R59, R39, R37, R35, C9, C7, C5, C4, C3, C2, C1, B000

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: