You need to work out your layers it does help to write them down.
2. The important thing to remember, if you’re layering the skirt or top or even the cat’s body and head, like want I’m doing, You need to add colour to the cats head on the body and a bit of the top on the skirt, like in picture 2. Don’t worry about adding depth of colour to these bits it so white doesn’t show between the layers.
3. Cut them out don’t worry about being good at cutting. I always use a grey pen like a Marvy pen (not Black it’s too harsh) round the edges it hides a multiple of sins.
Then using a Perganmo mat that is used for embossing vellum and a large ball tool I emboss the back of each layer. You could use a foam mat but be careful it’s very soft and the image may collapse into it so very gently.
If you get lines try embossing in different directions.
4. I always colour a whole image and use it for a base. I use a toothpick/cocktail stick to put the silicone glue on. You can use sticky fixers/dimensional but I get a better effect with silicone.
5. I make the card first using the base image as a guide.
6. It really is a matter of putting a blob of the glue where you are going to place your layer.
7. Now this is where things are different. This is the skirt with a bit of the top.
I put silicone on the skirt on the base image and I use Zig glue pen on the skirt layer but on the bit of the top.
8. I place the skirt on the main image and when I feel it’s in the right position, I stick the top flat on the main image.
You can see I’m going to do the same with the top.
9. Same with the cat, silicone glue on the body and zig glue pen on his head and when in position, flatten the head.
The shoes are done very similar too. I used the zig glue pen for the strap so when I layer them the strap won’t be sticking up.
10. Almost there just a blob of silicone for the cats head and some tiny bit of silicone for his bow.
11. A sideways look at the image.
12. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org