Thursday, January 14, 2021

Pirate Birthday

  I can never have enough masculine themed Birthday cards in my stash. I have brothers, nephews and friends with little boys who I love to give Birthday cards to.

During January the High Hopes Design team will be sharing creations that follow a love and Birthday theme. This is perfect as I need to add to my Birthday card stash and fast! This week I have combined a number of High Hopes stamps to create a fun pirate scene using "On Guard ObertoThe Thundering Rogue and the Wave Border". Hopefully one of my nephews will like this one. 


I stamped and coloured all of my stamps with Copic Makers, and then hand fussy cut Oberto. Using a cloud die and baby blue ink I added some clouds to the background and added some hand drawn birds just for fun. 

The ship stamp comes with some waves along the bottom but I wanted to extend them so using my Misti was able to line up the wave border to make my waves go further. On Guard Oberto is popped up using some foam pop dots to add some dimension to the card.
I found the perfect matching sentiment, stamped and mounted it on matching cardstock and put it on an angle across a corner for some added interest. 
Some twine and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: On Guard ObertoThe Thundering RogueWave Border - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment: Pirates Birthday - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: High Tide - Kaisercraft


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, twine, enamel dots, 3D foam dots - Forever In Time


 Copic Markers:

Skin - E00 E21 E11 E04

Pants - G85 G94 G99

Boots, Hair, Handle - E23 E25 E27

Belt, Patch - N6 N8 N10

Shirt - W0 W1 W2 blender

Buckle, Blade - C1 C3 C5 C7

Bandanna - R14 R24 R39

Sails - E30 E31 E43

Flags - R14 R24 R39 N6 N8 N10

Ship - E34 E35 E29

Water - B00 B01 B02

Windows - Y00 Y11 Y15




Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


No comments: