Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Frightfully Delightful!!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using Frankie - TT021 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Frightfully Delightful - FF054 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Frankie is all set for Hallowe'en this year with his little pumpkin full of candy. We used to use a pillow case when we were younger to get a lot more goodies when we went Trick or Treating. LOL!

To make my card this week, I began with stamping the image and sentiment onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. Using my Brother Scan and Cut, I cut around the image leaving a small white border. I coloured in the image and then used Copic C0 to go around all of the edges. I fussy cut around the sentiment and applied Copic Y17 around the edges. I put this through my Xyron Create a Sticker and then applied it to some scrap yellow cardstock. Once again, I fussy cut around the sentiment.

Using my Cricut Explore, I die cut the Haunted House from the Holiday Cakes Cricut Cartridge and the Haunted Tree from the October 31 Cricut Cartridge. I decided to cut the second layer of the haunted house out of Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card rather than solid cardstock. This gave me the chance to colour in the windows, doors, shutters and moon the way I wanted to in order to make it more spooky with Copic Markers. The moon was coloured in with a mixture of Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Hickory Smoke, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fossilized Amber and Picket Fence Studio Blender Brushes. Using glue, I pieced everything together for the Haunted house.

My card was now ready to assemble. I started with a 6" x 6" base card made from AC Cardstock - White. I cut the bats background to the same size from Echo Park - I Love Halloween paper pack. I applied this directly to the base with double-sided tape. Using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Hickory Smoke and a Picket Fence Studio Blender Brush I inked around all of the edges and across the top of the card to darken the sky a little bit. Next, I die cut the grass using my Cuttlebug, Lawn Fawn - Watercolor Wishes Rainbow paper and Lawn Fawn - Simple Stitched Hillside Borders. I applied this directly to the bottom of the card using liquid glue. I applied glue to the haunted tree and haunted house and then applied both of them directly to background. Frankie and the sentiment were both popped up on the card using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Frankie - TT021 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Frightfully Delightful - FF054 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Hickory Smoke, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fossilized Amber

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, AC Cardstock - White, Echo Park - I Love Halloween, Lawn Fawn - Watercolor Wishes Rainbow - 6" x 6"

Die Cut:Lawn Fawn - Simple Stitched Hillside Borders - Lawn Cut

Cricut Die Cuts: - October 31 - Haunted Tree (#M3DCC2), Holiday Cakes - Haunted House - (#M40A62)

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Sakura Glaze - Black Pen,  Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen, Brother Scan and Cut, Xyron Create a Sticker and Picket Fence Studio Blender Brushes, Cricut Explore

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: BV23, BV20, G00, BG93, BG90, R29, R24 (Eyes: Sakura Glaze - Black Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen)

Hair: 100, B39, B32, C9, C7, C5, C3, PrismaColor Premier - Black

Jacket and Pants: V99, V95, V93, V91

Shirt: C9, C7, C5

Shoes: 100, C10, C9, C7, C5, C3

Bat: BV29, BV25, BV23 (Eyes: Sakura Glaze - Black Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen)

Pumpkin: E08, YR18, YR16, YR12, Y15, Y08, C10

Candy: V09, V06, V04, YG17, YG13, YG11

House Background: V17, V15, V09, V06, V04, Y17, Y08, Y04, C3, C2, BV20

Shadow below Frankie: YG17, YG13

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: