Thursday, August 26, 2021

Haunted Boo-tiful Day

  I usually don't make a lot of Halloween cards but when I saw the Haunted House and Frankie & Bride stamps in the Happy Halloween/Fall release at High Hopes I had a few card designs pop in to my head right away. 

Frankie and his bride love to travel and today we find them on a haunted house tour! He is the first to admit he isn't great at taking selfies which his new bride finds hilarious but he tries hard. Shifting a little to the right would have helped this photo but they are a boo-tiful day and that is all that matters.







                                                                                       
            After stamping Frankie & Bride, and the Haunted House I coloured them with Copic markers. Frankie & Bride is hand fussy cut leaving a thin white edge and the haunted house was cut in a square. I added some stones to the path on the haunted house stamp just for fun - thank you to my crafty peep for the idea <wink>
Next I cut some patterned paper from an old We R Memory Keepers pad to fit my 5.5 x 5.5 card base. I added a black card stock back the the house and glued it down. I had a blue dot by the ghost that was driving me crazy. It wasn't ink from my Copics, it was something in the paper, so after I coloured the sky I added some stars (to match the patterned paper) to cover it up. 

To make the frame around Frankie, I cut a polaroid die and trimmed the edges and bottom to fit my space. To keep the polaroid die full size covered up too much of the house so I chose to trim it. 
I stamped and cut the sentiment to size, added a die cut spider web and some matte dots to finish off the card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Haunted HouseFrankie & Bride  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Boo-tiful Day - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Spookville - We R Memory Keepers


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, spider web and polaroid die - YNS, black matte dots, stars - Twinkle Scribble die - Whimsy Stamps


 Copic Markers:

Tombstone, Fence  - C1 C2 C4 C5

Bats, Roofs - N4 N5 N8 N10

House - BG72 BG75 C2

Moon - E50 E51 E40

Tree, Door, Sign - E25 E27 E29

Windows - E50 E51

Ghost - BG70

Grass - YG61 YG03

Sky - BV000 BV00 BV11 


Frankie - YG01 YG05 YG09 YG17

Hair, Coat - N4 N5 N8 N10 

Bride's Hair - N1 N2 N3 N4 N5 N8 N10

Skin - E00 E21 E11 E04

Top, Eyes, Earrings - BV00 BV11 BV17 N1



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!












No comments: