Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Vampire Treat!!!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using Vampire Treat - TT022 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Happy Halloween - H232 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Hard to believe Hallowe'en is just around the corner.

To make my card this week, I began with a card base made from Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb. cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". I die-cut the bat background paper from Echo Park - I Love Halloween paper pad using my Cuttlebug and My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies. The edges were inked with Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Oxide - Black Soot and then this piece was adhered directly to the base card using double-sided tape. The same dies were used to cut the orange cardstock and the edges were inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Carved Pumpkin. Double-sided tape was added to the back of this piece and it was added directly to the bat background paper. Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card was die cut with My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers and the sentiment shape was die cut with Whimsy Stamps - Quick Strips Die Set. Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Oxide - Fossilized Amber was used to ink around the sentiment shape edges.

The image and sentiment were then stamped using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured in the image with copic markers. I stamped out the image a second time and used my Brother Scan and Cut to cut it out so that I could use it as a mask to put over the coloured image. I also die cut a 1" circle out of Inkadoo Stamping Mask Paper for the moon. I placed both masks onto the coloured image. I tore some masking tape in half vertically to create the grass pattern and then used the reverse to mask the grass while I did the sky. I saw this on a you-tube video and thought it was a cool technique. A mixture of Tim Holtz Ranger Distressed inks listed below were used to create the ground and sky. I removed all of the masks and then for the circle I used the reverse mask to section out just the circle centre and coloured in the moon with my Copic markers. To finish off the card, I applied 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to the back of the image and sentiment and popped them both up on the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Vampire Treat - TT022 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Happy Halloween - H232 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Oxide: Fossilized Amber, Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint, Black Soot and Seedless Preserves, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Carved Pumpkin

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Echo Park - I Love Halloween (6"x6"), Orange cardstock

Die Cuts:  My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Dies, My Creative Time - Rectangle Frame Layers, Whimsy Stamps - Quick Strips Die Set - WSD330

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Sakura Glaze - Black, Pen Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen, Brother Scan and Cut, Inkadoo Stamping Mask Paper

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000, R30, R20 (Eyes: Sakura Glaze - Black, Pen Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen) (Teeth: Pen Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen)

Hair: BV29, BV25, BV23, C1

Cape and Bat Bow-Tie: R59, R29, R27, R24

Coat and Bat: BV29, BV25, BV23

Dracula Bow-Tie: C1, C00, Colorless Blender

Coffin Inside: V09, V06, V04, V01

Coffin: E29, E27, E25, E23

Trick or Treat Bag and Strap: YG17, E08, YR18, YR16, YR12

Shadow Under Coffin: C3, C2

Moon: Y000, Y02, BV20, C0, C00

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: