Friday, September 17, 2021

Hot Cocoa & Snowfolk Warm My Heart...

Hi Everyone;

Before we know it, winter will be here along with all the fun it brings.  There is no better way, then to have hot chocolate or cocoa when one has been outside in the snow and being creative in bulding snowmen and other snowfolks.

For today's card, I used Snow Yummy and paired it with the Dot Warm Heart sentiment.  I'm not sure if he realizes that he will melt from the warmth of the hot chocolate or cocoa...

The image was coloured with Copic Markers, and I went out of my comfort zone with the blues.  I general use more of the blue greens instead of  the deeper shade blues.  The image was then cut out with a Double Stitched Square die, which was mounted on some mulberry paper and distressed a bit with water, and then mounted on the design paper.  The 2nd piece of cardstock is actually a piece of silver foil.

Now,  I did use the wrong colour twine -- it was supposed to be blue.  As I didn't feel that I could remove it easily without damaging it, I decided to leave it as is.  I used scor pal tape to stick down the layers -- the result of doing something  at night... if anybody has any ideas on how to fix something like this please let me know.

Anyway, the snowflakes and glacier crystal jewels finished off this card.

Supplies used:

  • Stamps:  Snow Yummy - S182, Dot Warm Heart - G117 -- both from High Hopes Stamps
  • Paper:  Xpress It blending Cardstock, DP: Hello Winter - Echo Park, Blue Mulberry Paper
  • Copic Markers:  
    • C00 - Cool Gray No. 00, C0 - Cool Gray No. 0, C1 - Cool Gray No. 1
    • YR07 - Cadmium Orange, YR04 - Chrome Orange
    • N9 - Neutral Gray No. 9, N8 - Neutral Gray No. 8
    • R00 - Pinkish Vanilla, R20 - Blush
    • E30 - Bisque, E31 - Brick Beige, E33 - Sand
    • B32 - Pale Blue, B34 - Manganese Blue
  • Die:  Double Stitched Square - Gina Marie Designs
  • Miscellaneous:  Twine, assortment of snowflakes, glacier crystal jewels

Come for a visit at High Hopes Stamps and check out the variety of stamps that High Hopes Stamps has to offer for all occassions.  If you are in need of some inspiration, pop on over to the  High Hopes Stamps Blog, Facebook, Twitter and Instragram to see the daily posts by the  HH Divas.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day,

Hugs,



No comments: