Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Winter Fun!!!

 It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using Bearly Swooshin' - T202 by High Hopes Rubber Stamps for the main image and Roundin' Up - G190 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for the sentiment. Winter was always a fun time for me growing up. We had so many outdoor rinks and played so many winter sports. I tried X-Country skiing, but in no way would ever attempt downhill skiing, I was dangerous enough on X-Cross Country skis. I wonder it that's why everyone I ever went skiing with would only go once with me. LOL!

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of AC Cardstock - White cut and scored to be 6" x 6". I cut the background paper from Recollections - Burgundy cardstock to the same size as the base and used double-side tape to apply it directly to it. Photo-Play - O Canada 2 - Ice Rink paper was cut to the size of 5.75" x 5.75" and inked around the edges using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Rustic Wilderness. I applied this directly to burgundy background using double-sided tape. Using Hero Arts - Infinity Dies - Rounded Rectangle dies and my Cuttlebug, I die cut the following: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Recollections - Burgundy cardstock, AC - Green Cardstock and Recollections - White cardstock.

The image and sentiment were stamped using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured in the image with Copic markers and used a Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen to create the snow in the sky and whites of the bear's eyes. Sakura Glaze - Black Pen was used for the eyes and nose. Just love the embossed look those 2 pens give to an image. Lastly, I added some Stickles - Diamond and some Clear Glitter glue for the snow. Once the glitter was all dry, I attached the finished image to the burgundy rounded rectangle with 3M VHB double-sided tape to pop it up. Then, I applied 3M double-sided tape onto the back of the larger rectangle to pop it up on the pictured background. The sentiment was inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Rustic Wilderness and I ran it through my Xyron Create a Sticker and placed it on top of the small green rectangle. I added 3 layers of the 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to the one side to pop it up and some glue and placed it on top of the popped-up coloured image. Lastly, to complete the card, I added some YNS Gumdrops.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Bearly Swooshin' - T202 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Roundin' Up - G190 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Rustic Wilderness

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, AC Cardstock - White, Photo-Play - O Canada 2 - Ice Rink (12" x 12"), Recollections - Burgundy, AC - Green Cardstock and Recollections - White Cardstock

Die Cuts: Hero Arts - Infinity Dies - Rounded Rectangle (DI465)

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, 3M - 2 sided tape, Sakura Glaze - Black Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen, Xyron Create a Sticker, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, YNS Gumdrops, Cuttlebug

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Eyes: Sakura Glaze - Black Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen

Bear: E47, E44, E43

Hat, Scarf, Mitts and Bindings: R59, R37, R35, C1, C0, C00, Colorless Blender

Skis, Goggles and Poles: B99, B95, B93, B91, B00, 100, T6

Background: G43, G40, G12

Snow: Stickles - Diamond, Clear Glitter Glue

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: