Saturday, September 25, 2021

Up To Par

  I admit it, I'm not good at golf. I have had a few unsuccessful visits to the driving range but I do okay at mini golf.....that counts right?!? The only golfing I do these days is make cards with a golf theme so when I got a request for a golf themed card I was happy to see what I could come up with.

I went through my stash of stamps and "Golfer Glen" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps was begging to be used.....especially since the recipient has a sense of humour. Finding a sentiment was the next challenge so I masked and stamped three different sentiments to create the one I wanted to use. 


                                                                                

   I started my stamping Glen and colouring him with Copic markers. Next I had hand fussy cut him and decided he needed some paper pieced plaid pants. I stamped his pants on plaid paper, fussy cut them and added them to the stamp. 
I decided Glen needed to find himself in the rough .....I mean that's where my balls went when I tried golfing so why not?! I created my background with some grunge paper, added a few die cut clouds and some grass reeds I had in my stash and added Glen with foam pop dots. 
To create the sentiment, I found three different stamps that were all the same font and masked and stamped the words I wanted from each stamp. This took more than one try to get it right and a whole lotta patience! I cut it with a fish tail banner and added it to the card along with some glitter dots to finish it off.


Card Recipe 

Stamp: Golfer Glen  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Up To ParSwinging BirthdayTea-Riffic Day - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - So Rad - Simple Stories (pants), Grunge Light Tones - Craft Consortium


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, grass reeds - stash, fish tail banner die - YNS, glitter dots, stitched cloud die - YNS


 Copic Markers:

Skin - E00 E21 E11

Shirt - Y38 YR16 YR18

Club/Hair -C1 C2 C4 C5

Bird - Y38 B91 B93 B95

Shoes - E30 E31 E43 E34 E35 E29

Grass - YG61 YG63

Tee/Socks - B91 B93 B95



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!












No comments: