Thursday, June 30, 2022

Grill Master Birthday

  Food off the BBQ is a summer favourite of mine. I am blessed to have more then a few “grill masters” in my life who can cook all the things on the BBQ like burgers, chicken thighs, steak and bacon wrapped sausage to name a few.......and now I am hungry!  Grillin’ Joseph” from High Hopes Rubber Stamps is a grill master himself and has just finished making some sausage – grill marks and all! I think he is perfect for a birthday card for one of the grill masters in my life. 

                                                                               


                                                                          

I stamped my image on alcohol marker friendly paper, coloured him with Copic markers and hand fussy cut him leaving a thin white edge. I don't have any bbq themed dies or embellishments so I decided I would try making a chef apron with the dies I have. 
I started by cutting a wide stitched tag and trimming it to take off the stitching. Next, I measured the space I wanted it to fill on my card and again cut it down to size. It took a few tries, but using an oval die, I positioned it where I wanted the arm cut out to be on the apron and traced around the outside edge. After cutting it with scissors, I flipped it over to the other side to create the second arm hole and added some ribbon to the top where it would wrap around his neck. The only thing I forgot was to add some ribbon for the strings that would tie around his back.....next time <smile>. 
Next I cut a square piece of card stock to the size I wanted for a pocket, scored the edges and cut off the corners to get a nice, flat fold. I added the "cook and fire" to the pocket by masking off the Flame Broilin' stamp (a bbqing dragon from High Hopes) and stamped it on the pocket, folded the edges down after inking the edges and glued it down. I hung it off the corner of the card base just for fun. 
The large square gingham reminded me of the old picnic table cloths we used to have when I was a kid so I chose one in blue from the Gotta Have Gingham pad from Lawn Fawn and used it for my card base. I inked all of the paper edges with Antique Linen distress ink, stamped and added the sentiment and some twine and enamel dots to finish off the card. 
          
Card Recipe 

Stamp: Grillin' Joseph (R024), Flame Broilin'(Q104)  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Birthday Wishes (FDG024) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Gotta Have Gingham - Lawn Fawn 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, twine, enamel dots, stitched nesting tag - Tutti Designs, oval die - Your Next Stamp, Antique Linen Distress ink


 Copic Markers:

Skin - E00 E21 E11 E04

Hair - E23 E25 E27 E29

Hat/Apron - N0 N1 N2

Pants - B91 B93 B95 B99

Plate - C1 C2 C4 

Stars - Y11 Y15 YR23

Sausage - E08 E09 YR18 E19 E29

Shoes, Shirt, Hat - R05 R17 YR18

Handle - E31 E34 E35 E27



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



No comments: