Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Book Worm!!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I couldn't resist making this very easy bookmark using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Book Worm - P100 for the image. My husband I both love to read and with this adorable image, it is quick to create multiple bookmarks quickly. They would also be a great gift for the readers in your life too!

To make my bookmark this week, I stamped the main image onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card cardstock using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured in the image and I wanted the eyes to stand out. I added in a small line with a Pigma Micron #5 - Black pen and then added some colour to the eyes. To finish the eyes,  I added a little dot of white using a Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen. The image was then fussy cut with a small white border all around it. Crafts - Designer Paper - 02-3093268 was die cut using Die-Namics MFT-489 PCD Fishtail Figs STX and my Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine. I punched a hole using We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Eyelet and Snap Punch at the top of the bookmark. We R Memory Keepers Embellishment Makers Basic Tools-Tassel Loom was used to create the tassel along with 3 yards of twine and then 2 6" pieces of twine.  I wanted the image to lay flat on the bookmark, so I ran it through my Xyron Create a Sticker and then applied it to the die cut. I tied a knot in the twine to join the tassel to the book mark and then added some Ranger Inkssentials - Glossy Accents to the glass lenses to finish it off.

Card Recipe:

Stamp: Book Worm - P100 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Crafts - Designer Paper - 02-3093268 (6" x 6")

Die Cuts: Die-Namics MFT-489 PCD Fishtail Figs STX

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Xyron Create a Sticker, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen, Ranger Inkssentials - Glossy Accents, Pigma Micron #5 - Black, Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine, We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Eyelet and Snap Punch, We R Memory Keepers Embellishment Makers Basic Tools-Tassel Loom

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Worm: YG23, YG11, YG09, R20, R30

Eyes: C1, C0, E25, E23, Y17, W9, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen, Pigma Micron #5 - Black

Glasses and Bow Tie: BV29, BV25, BV23, Ranger Inkssentials - Glossy Accents for the lenses

Book: BV25, BV23, V000

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

Check out more adorable images at High Hopes Rubber Stamps!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: