Thursday, September 8, 2022

Dragonfly Birthday

 July and August are big birthday months in my family so my birthday card stash gets used up very quickly. That's just on my side of the family.......then there is hubby's side. I have a few people on both sides who love flowers and I love dragonflies so I combined the two to make an A2 size card featuring "Lg. Realistic Dragonfly and Gladiolas" stamps from High Hopes Rubber Stamps to begin replenishing my stash.



 After stamping the flowers and dragonflies on alcohol marker friendly paper I coloured them with Copic markers and hand fussy cut the dragonflies and one flower. I chose a darker shade of the flower colour for the card stock and added a lattice background die cut. I cut out one flower and card stock with a stitched oval die and after cutting the second flower to size glued it onto the edge of the oval. 

Next I added the dragonflies by popping them up with foam pop dots and added Star Dust Stickles to their wings - they are so sparkly! I stamped and cut the sentiment to size, added it matching card stock and placed it in the bottom corner. Enamel dots finish off my card.


Card Details

Stamps - Lg. Realistic Dragonfly (G017)Gladiolas (TFG038) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Happy Birthday Script (TDG028) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Fall - Echo Park, Grunge Light Tones - Craft Consortium

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, lattice background die - Gina Marie Designs, Star Dust Stickles, enamel dots

Copic Markers
 
Gladiolas - R81 R83 R85 R59 G21 G24 G28
Dragonflies - B01 B02 B04


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



No comments: