Tuesday, September 13, 2022

You're O-Fish-Ally Awesome!

It’s Wednesday, and this week, I made a card using High Hopes Rubber Stamps Finnigan - P117 for the image and O-fish-ally - FLL019 for the sentiment. We have a lot of family and friends that love to fish and when I saw this image and sentiment, I could resist pairing them together.

To make my card this week, I began with a card base of Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., cut and scored to be 5.5" x 4.25". Stampin' UP! - Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper was cut to be the same size as the base and applied using double-sided tape. Using paper from the same pack, I fussy cut around the school of fish and applied it to the base card using a mixture of double-sided tape and glue. The excess was then trimmed off on the bottom and left side of the card. Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough was applied around all of the outer edges of the card using a finger dauber. Using my Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine and PinkFresh Studio Essentials - Blanket Stitched Circle, I die cut Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card cardstock. Then, using my MISTI and Memento - Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the image onto the die-cut piece. The sentiment was also stamped using my MISTI onto the same cardstock and then die cut using Gina K Designs - Sentiment Strips. Lastly, I combined the dies from PinkFresh Studio Essentials - Blanket Stitched Circle and Lifestyle Crafts Cutting Dies - Nesting Circles to create a frame using the paper from Stampin' UP! - Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper and Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine.

The image was coloured in with Copic markers listed below. I coloured in the fish first, then the water. Some sand was added to the bottom of the bowl using a Ranger - Emboss It Pen Clear and Seth Apter - Dirty Sand Embossing Powder. This was heat set with a Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool. I wanted the back part of the sand to appear lighter, so I just dabbed the pen in spots to add in the Embossing Powder after I had coloured it. Lastly, I applied Ranger Inkssentials - Glossy Accents to the inside of the bowl and puddles of water. This was set aside to dry.

Once the Glossy Accents was dry the card was ready to assemble.  I applied some glue to the circle frame I had created earlier and applied it over top of the coloured image circle. U-Line double-sided tape was applied to the back of the image and sentiment and they were both popped up onto the background designer papers. I thought these adorable buttons from Buttons Galore & More - Fun in the Sun Collection were perfect for this card. The button backings were removed from the backs of the fish buttons and U-Line double-sided tape was applied to them. I popped up the 3 fish on the card to finish it off.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Finnigan - P117 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: O-fish-ally - FLL019 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough

Die Cuts: PinkFresh Studio Essentials - Blanket Stitched Circle, Gina K Designs - Sentiment Strips, Lifestyle Crafts Cutting Dies - Nesting Circles

Embossing Powder: Seth Apter - Dirty Sand

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hammermill - Premium Colour 100 lb., Stampin' UP! - Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper (6" x 6")

Embellishments: Buttons Galore & More - Fun in the Sun Collection

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, U-Line double-sided tape, Ranger - Emboss It Pen Clear, Marvy Uchida - Embossing Heat Tool, Ranger Inkssentials - Glossy Accents, Anna Griffin Empress Mini Machine

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Fish: YR68, YR31, YR18, Y38, R89, R59, R39, R29, R24

Fish Bowl, Water, Sand and Water Droplets: B04, B02, B01, B00, E44, E43, E42, E41, C3, C2, C1, C00, Seth Apter - Dirty Sand

Background: BG72, BG57, BG32, BG11, E37, E35, E33, E31

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

Check out more adorable images at High Hopes Rubber Stamps!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: