Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Mudzie Goes Skating!

Welcome High Hopes Rubber Stamps Fans!

It’s Wednesday and this week I'm back to share a card that I made using
Skating Mudzie - R064 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) with Frozen Skating Pond - S074 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) for my background and then finished off with the sentiment Sparkle In Ice - H156 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps).


This card brought back memories of skating on the Ottawa Canal when I was younger whenever we went to visit our grandparents and my mom's side of the family. We would skate for hours, enjoying Beaver Tails along the way (Beaver Tails are a fried dough pastry, stretched to look a beaver's tail with added yummy toppings of your choice. They are sooooooo good! LOL!)

I grew up in Northern Ontario and we couldn't wait to get home from school to lace up our skates and go across the street to the rink to skate. Like Starbuck's, we had rink on practically every corner and the rinks were always full of children playing hockey or rink games. Our parents would have to fight with us to go inside. We would go in for supper and then be right back out on the ice again.

To make this card, I first coloured the ice with a mixture of blue Copic colours. Then I covered the whole area with Ranger Inkssentials - Glossy Accents and let it sit overnight to dry. The next day, I finished colouring in the trees, leaving the snow drifts white. I also coloured in the sky and then used various sizes of Gelly Roll Sakura Pens to create the snow.

Lastly, I completed the background snow using some BV20, C0 and Colorless Blender and then to add some sparkle, I spread glue randomly over the snowy areas and tree tops and added glitter.
I coloured in the moose and fussy cut around him and then popped him up as well as the background onto the card. I thought it would be fun to do his socks in the traditional "Roots" fashion. I also used the Gelly Roll pen to create some movement on the ice below the moose.

For the sentiment, I wanted it to have some sparkle like the snow. To do this, I inked the sentiment on white paper and then used some Sookwang double-sided tape to cover it. I peeled off the tape and then sprinkled Crystal Glitter Ritz - Warm Highlight - Transparent Ultra Fine Glitter and burnished it with my finger. (Rubbing it until it was smooth). I added some double-sided pop-up tape and added it to my card to finish it off.

Lastly, I added some green ribbon and some pop-dots for the last finishing touches.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Skating Mudzie - R064 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps), Frozen Skating Pond - S074 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Sparkle In Ice - H156 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Forest Moss

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, American Crafts - Merry and Bright 6 x 6" pad, American Crafts - Holiday - 6 x 6" (15.2 x 15.2 cm) paper pack

Die Cut: My Creative Time -Stitched Squares Inside and Out

Tools \ Miscellaneous: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Crystal Glitter Ritz - Warm Highlight, Jot Stickers: Pop-Up, Crafts Ribbon - 02-0201044

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Moose: E37, E35, E33, E31, R22
Antlers: E25, E23, E21
Skates: W9, W7, W5, C3, C1, C0, Wink of Stella - Clear
Sweater: R59, R37, R35
Socks: C4, C3, R37
Trees: G99, G21, YG67, YG17
Ice: B01, B00, B000, B0000, Ranger Inkssentials - Glossy Accents
Sky: B99, B39, B37, B34, B32, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen
Snow: BV20, C0, Colourless Blender, Recollections Extra Fine Glitter - Snow

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.



No comments: