Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Nordic Night Snowy Delight!

Welcome High Hopes Rubber Stamps Fans!

It’s Wednesday, and today I'm sharing a card that I made using the image Nordic Snowman with Bird (TLF010) (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) from our latest Christmas release. I just love the serenity of this image.  I grew up in Northern Canada and have always loved snow. It's always so beautiful watching it come down from the sky. Not so much fun when you have to shovel it or drive through a snow storm, but other than that, it is quite beautiful! LOL! Did you grow up where there was a lot of snow too?

To make my card, I first stamped the image using Memento - Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. Then I ran the stamped image through my Cuttlebug and die cut it with Craftin Desert Diva's Fancy Frames.

I decided to colour in the sky first with various blue Copic markers. After I coloured in the sky, I added in the falling snow using Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen.

I thought the sweater looked Scandinavian, so I decided to colour it similar to some Scandinavian  sweaters that I've seen in the past. I used Sakura Glaze - Black pen to pop up the eyes and smile on the snowman and lastly added some Stickles - Diamond for the pom-poms on the hat and along the top of the snow on the sweater. I also coloured over top of the black snowflakes with Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen and Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen on the sweater and hat.

For the snow at the bottom of the snowman, I used the same die-cut, Craftin Desert Diva's Fancy Frames, to cut out the base using Recollections - Christmas Inkjet Printable Glitter Paper. I then ran this same paper through my Cuttlebug again, this time using the die cut from Lawn Fawn - Stitched Hillside Borders. Next I popped it up on the image using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape.

I die-cut some patterned paper using Your Next Stamp - Stitched Rectangle Die Set (YNSD214) that I had in my stash and then popped up the coloured snowman image onto it using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape.

For the sentiment I used Winter Delight (G114) (High Hopes Rubber Stamps). I stamped the sentiment and then die-cut it out using Craftin Desert Diva's - Tag Essentials Dies. Then I went around the border of the die-cut with Gelly Roll Stardust - Clear pen and drew in some small snowflakes.

I then die-cut some snowflakes using Poppy - Simple Snowflakes (Style 1931) from Recollections - Christmas Inkjet Printable Glitter Paper. Once the snowflakes were all cut out, I ran them through my small Xyron to make them into stickers.

To assemble the card, I started with a base of 6" x 6" white AC cardstock. Next I mounted American Crafts - Wonderland Collection paper for my background. I chose this particular pattern as I thought it matched the image so well. I attached the mounted snowman directly to the background paper using 2-sided tape. I popped up my sentiment using 3M VHB - 2 sided tape. Added my snowflakes and then finished off the card by adding in little gems in the centre of each snowflake and 1 on the sentiment.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Nordic Snowman with Bird (TLF010) (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment:  Winter Delight (G114) (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Recollections - Christmas Inkjet Printable Glitter Paper - 8.5 x 11", AC Cardstock - White

Die Cuts: Poppy - Simple Snowflakes (Style 1931), Craftin Desert Diva's - Tag Essentials Dies, Craftin Desert Diva's Fancy Frames, Lawn Fawn - Stitched Hillside Borders, American Crafts - Wonderland Collection - 6 x 6" (15.2 x 15.2 cm) paper pack

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Gelly Roll Stardust - Clear pen, Xyron, Forever in Time - Round Gemstone Stickers, Rhinestone Selection - Dress Up Sheet - Red, Stickles - Diamond

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Night Sky: B99, B97, B37, B34, B32, B29, B24, B21, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen

Moose: E27, E25, E23, E35, E33

Snowman: E27, E25, E23, YR18, YR16, YR14, YR12, Y15, BV20, C0, Colorless Blender,

Sweater and Hat: R59, R37, R35, C4, C3, C2, E41, E40, Gelly Roll Sakura #10 Pen, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen, Stickles - Diamond

Scarf: YG67, YG17, G21, R59, R37, R35

Cardinal: R59, R37, R35, Y17, Gelly Roll Sakura #5 Pen

Tree \ Holly Leaves: G99, YG67, YG17, G21, R59, R35

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.




No comments: