Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Our Friendship is Magic!

Welcome High Hopes Rubber Stamps Fans!

It’s Wednesday, and for my last High Hopes card for the year, I'm sharing a couple of good friends just relaxing and taking it easy! Sometimes it is nice to just chill out a bit! LOL! The stamp for the main image is called South Pole Pals R147 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps).


To make my card, I decided to keep it simple. I cut out the frame using Amy Design - Dies - Keep It Cool - Cool Square Frame and Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card. Next, I stamped the image using my MISTI into the centre of the die cut. I coloured this in with the Copic markers listed below. For the outside of the die cut, I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Broken China and sponged on the ink using a dauber.

To create the background for the main image, I re-stamped the main image onto Inkadoo Stamping Mask Paper and fussy cut it out. Then I placed the mask over my coloured image. Next I used a mixture of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks, Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet and Festive Berries to create the sky. I have never tried this before, and just love the way it turned out.

For the snow, I stamped the bottom of the image with VersaMark ink and then added WOW! Embossing Glitter - White Puff Twinkle. I heated up the embossing powder with my heat gun and then added some Stickles - Diamond along the top of the snow.

Next I assembled the card onto 5.5" x 5.5" white AC Cardstock. I cut out a piece of 5.5" x 5.5" Hot Buy Craft Smart - Holiday Glitz Glitter Paper and mounted it with 2 sided tape onto the base. Then I added glue to the back of the frame and centre previously cut and coloured with Zig 2 Way Glue and mounted it onto top of the card.

Lastly, I added the sentiment Magic Friendship F234 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) and popped it up with 3M VHB - 2 sided tape to finish up the card.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  South Pole Pals R147 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Sentiment: Magic Friendship F234 (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Festive Berries, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Faded Jeans, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Wilted Violet, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Broken China, Versamark

Paper: Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Hot Buy Craft Smart - Holiday Glitz Glitter Paper 12" x 12"

Tools: MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool, Cuttlebug, 3M VHB - 2 sided tape, Inkadoo Stamping Mask Paper

Embossing Powder: WOW! Embossing Glitter - White Puff Twinkle

Image coloured with Copic Markers:

Penguin: W9, W7, W5, E15, YR14, Y17, Y15, Y11, E45, E43, E41, Colorless Blender

Polar Bear: W9, W2, W1, W0, R30, R20, Colorless Blender

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!
You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the High Hopes blog, and the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments: